• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LRC won't open on my PC

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting preferences and I can't get it to open at all. I used it a week ago and uploaded some new photos that I didn't edit with no issues and today I can't get it to open.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the Lightroom Classic folder, look for a file ending in .lock.  If you don't know where that folder is, just do a search using Windows Explorer or Finder for "*.lock  That file is created when LrC opens and is intended to keep other versions of LrC from also being opened. It gets deleted when LrC closes normally. If for some reason, LrC did not close normally, the .lock file will still be present and cause the situation you describe.

Delete and ONLY delete the .lock file and try to start LrC again.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines