• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MacOS Monterey 12.2.1

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a couple of hours with Adobe support on this without a solution - anyone else have similar problems?  Lightroom Classic suddenly not opening (MacOS Monterey 12.2.1).  For a while the opening flash was appearing, but that's all.  Now it simply doesn't open.

Adobe support, after much investigation, say that this is an Apple user account problem, and that I should ask Apple support to help to repair my user account.  We set up a new user account, and LR Classic opened in that account without any problem.

There are no other symptoms of the corrupted user account apart from the behaviour of Lightroom Classic.  

I have also tried all the suggested historical fixes - renaming library application support files, resetting preferences, etc. 

Anyone have a similar problem, or a solution? I wonder if it is the recent Monterey 12.2.1 update.  Should we therefore wait patiently for a solution once the issue is logged?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reposting this as a bug issue.  I have done a couple of hours with Adobe support on this without a solution - anyone else have similar problems?  Lightroom Classic suddenly not opening (MacOS Monterey 12.2.1).  For a while the opening flash was appearing, but that's all.  Now it simply doesn't open.

Adobe support, after much investigation, say that this is an Apple user account problem, and that I should ask Apple support to help to repair my user account.  We set up a new user account, and LR Classic opened in that account without any problem.

There are no other symptoms of the corrupted user account apart from the behaviour of Lightroom Classic.  

I have also tried all the suggested historical fixes - renaming library application support files, resetting preferences, etc. 

Anyone have a similar problem, or a solution? I wonder if it is the recent Monterey 12.2.1 update.  Should we therefore wait patiently for a solution once the issue is logged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LrC 11.2 works fine here on Monterey 12.2.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. No problem at all.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the others, no issues.

That you COULD open it in another account means there is something in the main account that is the problem here, not Lightroom Classic itself. Tracking down what is loading there is the hard part but again, the issue is some conflicting software or 'extension' that loads in that user account. Maybe disable all auto log-in items in system preferences until you track it down, or make a new user account from scratch and add back the other items until you uncover what is causing this.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the help digitaldog - I'm still working it through with Apple Support who say they may have some possible fixes for me today.  Will post any solutions that may be of help to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Paul! Please let me know when you find something out...I'm having the exact same issue. This happened when I updated to macOS Monterey 12.2.1 and I've tried everything I know. I'm not a very "techy" person so any advice would be so appreciated! Thank you! Rebecca 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues with Monterey 12.2.1 and LR Classic 11.2, but not your issues.

After working for a few minutes, LR refuses to let me change the color tag of an image, or refuses to show the proper file name when hovering over the file's thumbnail - finally, I have to exit and LR tells me that its writing XMP info, and then refuses to exit sometimes when I say go ahead and exit...there's definitely a major snafu going on here between Montery and LR Classic...

Late 2019 Macbook Pro bought in 2020 - 64gb memory, i9 chip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonsoir,

Like many other especially when using an extended Keyboard with a foreign langage!

See this thraed… https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/color-label-shortcut-issues/m-p/1247805...

Best regards from France,

Balliet JM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul. My Lightroom classic has also just stopped opening after installing Monterey 12.2.1 update. I wish I had read your post first. Did you get an update/solution? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still working it through with Apple Support!  As a temporary workaround I created a new user account, opened Lightroom Classic and linked to the existing catalogue file.  Have another call with Apple this week after supplying them with logs last week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks Paul. Still didn't open for me after setting up a new account. My issue seemed to be old version of lightroom 6 not actually classic and no longer supported so had to switch to subscription on new mac. Previously I had migrated from a time machine backup and Lightroom 6 worked for a short while before updating macOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing issues on installation of adobe in my monterey 12.2.1 . Says error and not install. I have speaked with adobe for hours. No progress. Apple told me to delete the current user account for some reason ana make another and to try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing issues on installation of adobe in my monterey 12.2.1 . Says error and not install. I have speaked with adobe for hours. No progress. Apple told me to delete the current user account for some reason ana make another and to try again.

By @Giannis F

Provide details. Provide the exact error message, word-for-word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if this might be related to a Permissions issue? For some reason the Adobe app don't always set up security correctly and this leads to all sorts of weird issues with both Lr and Ps. 
In your System Prefs, go to Security and Privacy>Privacy>Full Disk Access - make sure Lr has access and that the check mark is active. Then go to Files and Folders just below and add Classic there too.

Adobe needs to add this as a sticky thread somewhere because if it's not set correctly, it can also lead to data loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this. Didn't work. Onward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still not working.

Some suggested creating a new user acccount... do they mean a new Adobe account??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines