Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masks

Participant ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I take pictures for my online jewelry shop. I need learn how to lighten the entire picture but not the necklace. I don't want to lose the color in the necklace. I started watching videos of the new masks and they are to general. I need speicifc help but I don't know what tool I should look for. If I could select the necklace and lighten everything around it that would be a great help. Could you please help me narrow what I should be searching for?

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us one of your images.

In general, if the background is one color and the necklace is another color, you can use the Color Range mask to select the background, but not the necklace, and then lighten the selected background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another idea is to use a gradient mask.

Create a gradient mask outside your picture so that the whole picture is affected. The subtracted the appropriate area with the brush tool.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded a photo twice and it keeps disapearing.  I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I will try this again.20220402-DSC_1601.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Select Subject in the Masking list. Sorry, just tried it and it doesn't work well with this subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the problem that many of the brightness tones (and colors) of the necklace are the same as the background, so all 'auto' methods to isolate the beads are prone to failure.

I think you have two choices-

1) Reshoot the articles on a dark (black?) background.

2) Manually 'paint' the article with a Brush (in the Masking tools) and adjust-

2022-04-12 09_14_16-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg2022-04-12 09_09_00-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg2022-04-12 09_09_45-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to paint the necklace but lighten everything not painted. So the necklace stays the same and the background can be lightened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. You can with the brush tool paint over the necklage and the invert the masking.

There's a checkbox "Invert" above the size settings for the brush. Or you can do a right click on the appropriate mask an in the popup menue you'll find "invert".

More informations you'll find here:

How to Use the Powerful New Masking Feature in Lightroom - Pretty Presets for Lightroom (lightroompr...

How To Invert Simple And Complex Masks In Lightroom — Scott Davenport Photography

Gelöst: P: Is there a way to invert an Adjustment Brush ma... - Adobe Support Community - 9716829

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines