Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Message Target folder not available when importing photo

New Here ,
May 07, 2022 May 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

For a few days I have the following message when I want to import photos into my LRC catalog version 11.3.1 on my macbook pro under Monterey 12.3.1.

The message is:

The "/Users/Gilles/Pictures/Lightroom/My TIFF Processing" destination folder is not available.

But this folder does not exist either on my SSD or in my Lr catalog.

Obviously if I create this folder via Lr, it is also created on my SSD and the message disappears.

But that's not what I want. Indeed this file existed a short time ago and I deleted it from DS Lr which deleted it on the SSD.

What can I do to stop getting this message?

Thanks for your help.

Gilles

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Change the Destination Folder in the Import Dialog in Lightroom Classic so that it now it points to a folder that does exist.

Obviously if I create this folder via Lr, it is also created on my SSD and the message disappears.

But that's not what I want.

What is the problem with one extra empty folder on your SSD??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I get the error message when I click on import menu before selecting any target folder.

I don't understand your question about empty folder on my SSD. Sorry 😢 

Gilles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have an import preset that links to this folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is an import preset ?

That probably means I don't have any import preset.

Gilles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gillesdebda wrote:

Hello,

What is an import preset ?

That probably means I don't have any import preset.

Gilles

I think that is a logical conclusion indeed. An import preset saves all settings of the right panel of the import dialog, so you can quickly set those. You save import presets at the bottom center of the import dialog.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Looking for an import preset, I found a solution clicking on button "Conserver" ("Keep" in english) at bottom right from Import window.

Obviously I don't understand exactly what is the function of this button ...

Thanks a lot for your help.

Have a nice sunday.

Gilles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The function of that button is to keep the current settings, even if you do not import anything and cancel out of the dialog.

If you click 'Cancel' to cancel out, then the previous settings (from the last time you did import something) are kept.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So that means using this button keeps current import settings.

If I remove a target folder known by import settings then I will get the error message ?

Thanks.

Gilles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it is just a warning, without any consequences. Lightroom will simply default to another folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your help.

bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still getting the message "destination folder is not available", you could try resetting LR's preferences, which store a lot of internal information about the current state of LR, as well as your explicit preferences:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour tout le monde,

Depuis quelques jours j'ai le message suivant lorsque je veux importer des photos dans mon catalogue LRC version 11.3.1 sur mon macbook pro sous Monterey 12.3.1.

Le message est :

Le dossier de destination « /Users/Gilles/Pictures/Lightroom/Mes Traitements TIFF » n'est pas disponible. 

Or ce dossier n'existe pas ni sur mon SSD ni dans mon catalogue Lr.

Evidemment si je crée ce dossier via Lr, il est aussi créé sur mon SSD et le message disparait.

Mais ce n'est pas ce que je veux. En effet ce dossier existait il y a peu et je l'ai supprimé ds Lr qui lui l'a supprimé sur le SSD.

Que faire pour ne plus avoir ce message ?

Merci pour votre aide.

Gilles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Yes it is.

Both are identical but one in French and the second one in English.

Gilles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines