Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migrating from Mac to Windows

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We migrated from a Mac to a Windows-pc and the following problems occur :

- We cannot 'scroll' through the (Sleeklens) Brushes anymore with the mouse wheel, but have to click on the arrow at the bottom to go to the next page => is much slower !

- On our Mac, we could select a number of photos and than make virtual copies of those in one click.  Now we have to do it one photo at a time => again slower

- Our Wacom tabletpen doesn't work as good as it dit on the Mac-lightroom.  We have problems in selecting the finetuning spots now

Is all this 'normal' in Windows or is this an installation problem ?

We have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

On our Mac, we could select a number of photos and than make virtual copies of those in one click.  Now we have to do it one photo at a time

Select multiple photos in the Library Grid and press [Ctrl ' ]  That is CTRL and the QUOTE key {" = ditto}

Many functions will only work on the ONE ('most' selected) image if they have been selected on the Filmstrip from the Develop module. But it DOES work for me with multiple photos selected in Library Grid view..!!

Scroll Brushes?- I don't have enough brush

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"We cannot 'scroll' through the (Sleeklens) Brushes anymore with the mouse wheel, but have to click on the arrow at the bottom to go to the next page => is much slower !"

This sounds like a Photoshop issue. Are you talking about Photoshop?

I have a MacBook Pro 2017 (high spec) and a Win 10 PC (medium spec). I do not notice any difference in the Wacom tablet performance from one to the other.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, iT is Lightroom classic cc.  The pen doesn’t seem to be able to catch the gliders on the right side

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On our Mac, we could select a number of photos and than make virtual copies of those in one click.  Now we have to do it one photo at a time

Select multiple photos in the Library Grid and press [Ctrl ' ]  That is CTRL and the QUOTE key {" = ditto}

Many functions will only work on the ONE ('most' selected) image if they have been selected on the Filmstrip from the Develop module. But it DOES work for me with multiple photos selected in Library Grid view..!!

Scroll Brushes?- I don't have enough brush presets in Lr to need scrolling..!!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the Sleeklens collection, about 200 brushes and presets.

your other tip solved my problem, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please summarize how you copied lightroom data from the mac to win?

did you use an external hard drive?  Is the formal compatible between both op systems?

what specific files do you copy?

If the files Iike lrcat, lrdata etc appear in the same folder on the windows system will they automatically show up in the library?  Without doing any kind of import etc?

Appreciate any comments or a link to instructions if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines