Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing profiles in Lightroom Classic

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I newly upgraded to Mac Studio running Monterey OS 12.5. Profiles are stored in Color Sync folder for both the root HD and the user.  The printer is Epson 3880. All profiles, including canned and custom appear and are available in the Photoshop print dialog. However, only the canned profiles appear and are availble in Lightroom. I've tried renaming them and have deleted and reinstalled the printer. Nothing helps. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ICC profiles have an internal name (generally use for in-application display) and an external name (that’s the one you see in a folder), if you rename them you're only affecting the external name - then the new name does not show up in applications.

Many third-party media profiles have different internal names, don't ask me why!

I suggest you open a missing profile (just one) in the colorsync utility,

check the internal name then look for that name in Photoshop

I renamed this profile in the finder to: '39-47 renamed.icc',

You can see that in the header of the utility below,

you can also see in "desc' that the internal name is still "39-47.icc":

Screenshot 2022-08-07 at 20.33.44.jpg

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good point about the names. But I highly suspect it's something else as the OP sees the profiles in Photoshop but not LR which is a head-scratcher. I've heard of issues with missing profiles in the past, but they were missing in all Adobe products if memory serves me. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and the profile doesn't show up in Apple's Preview (Assign Profile) and it doesn't show up in Graphic's Converter which is ICC aware. 

The bottom line at this point; it's the profile. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can the OP rebuild it as a v4 profile?

I showed that settings area in i1P. If he made the first profile surely he can have another try with a V2 icc spec?

I hope this helps neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines