Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing subfolders

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

After the latest update I can no longer open subfolders on my external harddrive when trying to import to the lightroom catalog? Is there some adjustment I can do to change that or is it some kind of bug in the system? It's really annoying when in stead of opening a subfolder I need to open a whole years worth of photos. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom. Would you mind sharing the version of the Lightroom you're using?

Have all of those subfolders been imported into Lightroom? We're here to help. Just need some info.

Could you please share the screenshot of the folder panel which is displaying the subfolders?

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 Non of these have been imported to LR, it's when I'm trying to import that I can't open the subfolders of for exampel Bilder 2016.

2541B782-D5E8-4B84-A287-8EE516414CA1.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information.

Please help us with the version of Lightroom you're using? Are you able to open folders from the internal hard drive?

Try to uninstall and reinstall the application from the Creative Cloud desktop app and then restart the computer and check if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 11.0.1 and yes I can open files from the internal hard drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.

Please try resetting the Preferences of Lightroom Classic by:https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html

Backup your preferences before resetting: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can no longer open subfolders on my external harddrive ...

The term "open" can have several meanings. Please explain exactly what you are doing in LrC, step-by-step, when you try to "open" a folder. And if there is an error message, please provide the exact unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your current MACOS, and did it get upgraded recently from pre Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the latest updates on the MAC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expansion Drive and Segate Expansion drive, are those different drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, those are two different ones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused by your screen-clip.  It shows you are importing from a Nikon Camera Card!

So is the problem that you cannot click, to select and highlight, the folders on the hard-drives on the 'Source' location?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm not importing from a Nikon camera card. It's from an external harddrive the Seagate one. Before when I opened the 2016 folder there where subfolders for all months of that year, but now I cannot click on them anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thing is, your screenshot show that you have a memory card selected. That would be the card used in your Nikon, the one with the various folders under DCIM.

If that is not the source that is giving you issues, another drive, then you need to post a screenshot of that drive selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hksj71   -Is the problem that nothing happens when you click on the 'Disclosure Triangle'?

The 'Disclosure Triangle' looks greyed-out in your clip (or is that just a Mac difference to my Windows?)

Rob_Cullen_0-1641602336560.png

Do sub-folders actually exist under the {Bilder 2016} folder on the 'Seagate Expamnsion Drive' ?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly the problem. There are lots of subfolders under 2016 and it used to work before one of the upgrades of Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still totally confused!!!

You say-

I'm not importing from a Nikon camera card. It's from an external harddrive the Seagate one.

Yet your 'Import' screen-clip indicates the Nikon Card as the 'Source'.

'Destination' folders are shown in a panel on the RIGHT side of the Import screen.

Exactly WHERE are you Importing files from? The "Source". A card, or a hard-drive folder?

Exactly WHERE are you wanting to 'store' the files in your hard-drive FOLDER structure. The "Destination" folder.

HOW are you importing the files?  Using [COPY] or [MOVE] or [ADD] ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a CalDigit hub to connect my external harddrives and my SD-card that is why they all show up when I go into the libarary and press import. Seagate that is the main problem is an eternal harddrive that I access through CalDigit since ther are no USB ports that fits in my new Mac. I always use import directly in Lightroom classic. And the problem is still when I mark Seagate, see all the subfolders, chose 2016 all the subfolders of 2016 is not visible. It's really annoying that the program needs to get all my photos from that year before I can chose which to import and press import. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us a screen-clip of the {Seagate Expansion Drive}/{Bilder 2016} folder, and subfolders, as you see it  in Mac Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how it looks in finder. 

hksj71_1-1644941525035.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This screen capture does not indicate what drive you are looking at, and what the hierarchy of photos above this Bilder 2016 folder is (if there is a hierarchy above it). We need that information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dude, people have been trying to help you for months and you're making this way more difficult than it needs to be. Just record your screen using quicktime and show everyone exactly what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so you told me to get a screenshot of how it looks in finder, and that is what I gave you. No need to be rude. There is no hierarchy. It's a folder called bilder 2016 and that is it. I realize that I just have to live with this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you are still struggling with this problem- how annoying.

Here is my suggestions now (and for us to better understand)-

Set up the LrC Import dialog with my following suggestions-

1) Open the [IMPORT] dialog

2) Select (Highlight) the {Seagate Expansion Drive / Bilder 2016} Folder in the 'Source' panel.

3) Place a Check/Tick in the box above the Source panel for [Include subfolders]

4) Above the central window - check the option [ADD]

and then show us a screen-clip of the total LrC interface.

If you want to carry-on:

5) In the lower-right of screen click [IMPORT]

6) After the Import- Go to Grid View [G]

Show us a full-screen screen-clip of the {Seagate Expansion Drive / Bilder 2016} Folder in the Folders panel.

Now, Does it show sub-folders in the Library Grid View mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hksj71_1-1645353652664.png

hksj71_3-1645353765450.png

Yes the subfolders are there once imported to Lr. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines