• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moved catalog to new computer but no longer recognizes my external hard drive. HELP!

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My husband bought me a new MacBook Pro for my photography editing.  As exciting as it was, that has now faded with the large task of moving my LrC catalog to a new computer.  Firstly, for some reason LrC had updated catalogs over the years so I had about 4 diffferent catalogs that I had to merged.  Then, I finally got the catalog to my new computer.  However, now when I pull up my external hard drive to edit images, LrC says No file found. In fact, there are no folders underneath my external hard drive in LrC when I click to import.  In Library mode, I see my files, however it states The file is not found.  I have had this happen before when I moved files, and I clicked on the ? and helped Lr find the file.  However in Library mode, there is no ?. I think that if I can show Lr where the files are, it will resolve this problem, however I do not know how to do that when there is no icon to click.  Also, the pictures are blank.  My ratings are on each image, however I do not see the image itself.  Please help! This is impairing my ability to complete my job as a photographer and incredibly frustrating!!  Thank you!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the external hard drive have the same name that it had on the previous computer? If not, in the library module, can you find the option in the left-hand column, update folder location and use it to locate the folders on the external hard drive with its new name?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does have the same name. Any other suggestions? Thank you for your
response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have never used a Mac. But keep watching because there are plenty of Mac users who I'm sure will have suggestions for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks so much. I appreciate your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple changed the security requirements in MacOS Monterey. Go to MacOS 'System Settings - Security & Privacy' and add Lightroom Classic and Photoshop to "Full Disk Access". Click on the lock icon to unlock the settings, then click on the plus icon to add Lightroom Classic and/or Photoshop if it isn't already listed. If it is listed, then just enable the checkbox. See also  Quick Tips: How to give Full Disk Access to Lightroom Classic on macOS

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you thank you thank you!! I never would have guessed it was my Mac security. It worked! I'm back in business! So appreciative of your knowledge. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines