Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Lightroom to a new computer

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just have a simple question. I'd like to buy Lightroom and use it on my current computer. However, I'll probably buy a new computer in a few months. Can I then legally move Lightroom to the new computer without having to buy it again? And can I move the Lightroom library to the new computer, including all the work I did on my pictures so far?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Can I then legally move Lightroom to the new computer without having to buy it again?

Yes, you can move the software around as often as you wish. Just download, install and enter your serial number to license it.

The End User License Agreement permits you to use the software on a maximum of two computers at any one time.

And can I move the Lightroom library to the new computer, including all the work I did on my pictures so far?

Yes.

See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322795

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2013 Oct 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I then legally move Lightroom to the new computer without having to buy it again?

Yes, you can move the software around as often as you wish. Just download, install and enter your serial number to license it.

The End User License Agreement permits you to use the software on a maximum of two computers at any one time.

And can I move the Lightroom library to the new computer, including all the work I did on my pictures so far?

Yes.

See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322795

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had lightroom installed on a desktop and a laptop for working offsite.

I got a new desktop and want to transfer the license over from one to another. Do I just need to uninstall lightroom from one and then it will let me apply the serial number to the other?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help if you stated the version NUMBER of your Lightroom.

In Lightroom 6 (or Lightroom CC 2015) you should sign-out first on one computer before installing and having to sign in on another computer. Use Help->Sign Out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 was installed on one laptop until the hard drive died last week. I'm trying to install again on the new hard drive and the message is to uninstall / removefrom the old machine first.....

What do I do now?

Thanks 

Gerard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to do that yourself you will have to contact Adobe via chat on on the phone, with customer support. Login to your Adobe ID and have your License key available.

You will have to ask them to deactivate your previous activation. Then you should be able to activate.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27ā€ mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Denis
I shall try that now unless they only do working hours and report back here!  šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!  Quick and easy once you know how!  LR back up and functional and a backlog of work to catch up after replacing the harddrive and then reinstalling LR!  Happy again!  šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Adobe chat for help and they declined to help me at all.  Said no more support for Lightroom 6.14 and no help to transfer the software, or in my case reload it because Windows 11 took down my computer and i had to reinstall windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe does not support Lightroom 6 any more. We (here in the forum) may be able to help, but you should really start a new thread and describe your problem in detail. Do not explain your problem in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to upgrade my computer from Mojave to Big Sur and found thast my LR6 Standalone does not work with BigSur so had to go back to Mojave.  I don't know what I am going to do when my Macbook Pro gives up working.  I do not want to pay a monthly fee to save my photos and `LR6 standalone is fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I am going to do when my Macbook Pro gives up working.  I do not want to pay a monthly fee to save my photos and `LR6 standalone is fine for me.

As this has nothing to do with the rest of the thread, please start a new thread and discuss your problem there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines