• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Name a Photoshop image from a Lightroom Classic export

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I automatically name a Photoshop image exported from Lightroom Classic with the same  LR name ( except for the suffix .psd) ?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Re-reading your post I note "image exported from Lightroom Classic"

Do not tick the [Rename] box in the Export dialog! It's that simple.

The Exported file will be the same Filename and a File-type suffix for the file-type set in the 'File Settings'.

If you Export as "Original" (Why?) then a warning dialog will ask to overwrite or [use a unique name] if the destination is the 'Same Folder'.

Following answer is for [Edit-in] Photoshop, NOT [Export]

In the Lightroom-Classic Preferences > External Editing tab:

Set the Naming Template to (simply) "Filename".

Rob_Cullen_0-1647056805766.png

eg. IMG_9543.NEF  saves from Photoshop as IMG_9453.TIF (or PSD)

Rob_Cullen_1-1647057022847.png

You can also set the Preference to any of the File Renaming Presets available (or a Preset you define by [Edit]. )

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Cullen:

Thanks for your reply but I am not understanding your answer. My System: LR Classic  1.2, Camera Raw 14.2;

Photoshop 23.2.1; System: Mac OSX Big Sur 11.6.4.

Perhaps your answer is explicity for a Windows based system.  For example I have no "Naming Template" in my Lightroom Classic > Preferences > External Tab.  When I say " image exported from Lightroom Classic" I mean I clicked on the image Cmd + E  and chose the "Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments." option.  Then the image immediately opens in PS.  My LR >Preferences>External Editing page doesnt have a "Rename" box.

Paul Lasky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem. In Lightroom Classic>Preferences>External Editing>Template, I simply chose the option "PSedit Preset." Then, for example, when I export to PS a LR image named "girl_48.jpg", and use "Save As" ( Shift + Cmd + S) in PS, the image opens back in LR as "girl_48_PSedit.psd." However when I open the same image again in PS all the editing layers, gradients, Blend Modes, Blend-If treatments are preserved and availabe for furtherr editing.

Paul Lasky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have no "Naming Template" in my Lightroom Classic > Preferences > External Tab.

Do you not see at the base of the Preferences dialog?

And you can create [Edit] and save your own Rename templates

2022-03-14 08_58_43-Clipboard.jpg

use "Save As"   The correct command in Ps is [SAVE]   "Save As" will not reliably add the new image to the Catalog.

when I open the same image again in PS all the editing ...... are preserved and availabe for furtherr editing.

If you ever re-open a TIF or PSD in Photoshop by [Ctrl+E] - Choose [Edit Original] that will reliably re-open layers, etc.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines