• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New LR Classic CC keeps crashing

Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have just updated to the latest version of LR and installation and new catalog creation went without any problems. However, after opening LR and trying to work on a photo the software keeps crashing and every time a crash report is issued to Adobe. Here is what the last crash report looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE AdobeCrashReport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd">

<crashreport serviceVersion="1.5.3" clientVersion="1.5.3" applicationName="Adobe Lightroom Classic" applicationVersion="7.0" build="[1140024]">

<time year="2017" month="10" day="19" hour="14" minute="50" second="9"/>

<user guid="ce3091f6-8c3c-4b25-9eb9-4e6cd270e7a4"/>

<system platform="Windows 10 Home" osversion="10.0" osbuild="15063" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="en-CA" oslanguage="en-CA" ram="8075" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3" cpuCount="8" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2394 MHz"/>

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x00007FFC085E026F">

<backtrace crashedThread="0">

<thread index="0">

None of this means anything to me and I don't get any other fault notification.

Once the crash report is sent, LR shuts down.

I am on a ASUS-N550 running Windows 10 Home Version 1703, OS Build 15063.674 64 bit.

If this does not get resolved soon I will have to uninstall this version and go back to the older version.

Thanks for any help any of you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2018 Oct 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem but it crashes several times an hour. I don't even have to be sitting at my computer; only having LR open and it crashes. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded this morning, not only lost several hours worth of work in the process but Lightroom now refuses to acknowledge the existence of any of the photos I'm trying to import. Well, all bar 5 it is. It's decided it likes those 5 and repeatedly tries to import them instead. Totally random selection of shots.

I think I speak for a good number of people when I say that we, as professional photographers, need to be spending our time turning images around quickly rather than BETA testing what is clearly a sub-par, broken programme. I implore Adobe to stop 'fixing' things that aren't broken. I'm London based and I've worked with studios, educational institutions and other professionals who all avoid updating (or do so at their own peril) so as to avoid the endless stream of patchy performance that we always seem to receive.

Please, just leave us the old Lightroom as a legacy programme and go your own way with CC. But before you do that, get your act together and give us the quality and reliability we are paying for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole affair is well beyond being cute or funny. Has anyone heard anything officially from Adobe? Surely a company like Adobe remains silent while we, the users,get mir frustrated every time we bring that program up. I have tried to see if a certain pattern with the crashing develops but that does not, at least for me, seem to be the case. The crazy program crashes whenever it feels like doing so.

I’m pining for my old Aperture program from Apple, I still have it on an older Mac and I will use it as long as it works but the MacBook Pro is old and slow but at least, no crashes.

HUA - Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@hansi1935 There is no pattern for LR shutting down that I can tell. I don’t even have to be working on anything and it can just be running in the background and will shut down. It only started happening when I bought a new iMac desktop. Adobe is not responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, that is interesting, perhaps there are still strong feelings out there (on account of Apple developing their Aperture software) and Adobe is punishing us because we run Apple hardware?

It’s probably just my suspicious mind working again. But yes, my Lightroom also shuts down at time even if I’m not on it, what a pain.

HUA - Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a week or so ago about my issues but have since upgraded the program to latest Classic CC and am no longer having any crashes and can import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I'm having the same issue.  Also running on Windows 10.

I've noticed that the crash report pop up is coming when the application is hanging... but if I wait a few minutes, the application becomes responsive again.  If I complete the crash report, it stops the application, but if I don't, I can just keep using the application.

Perhaps this is related to Adobe's latest 'performance' release?

I'll keep following this thread in the hopes that a solution is found.  I could not be more annoyed with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current state of Lightroom and Adobe's attitude is simply ridiculous.

Adobe should stop collecting money from their professional clients untill they release versions that work.

If you buy a product that doesn't work you get a product that works or you get a REFUND.

We should all demand a refund for all the crappy alpha versions that Adobe is giving us.

You would think that a subscription model would make things easier for Adobe development as all they have to do is support 1 current version and make it stable. Obviously this is not the case.

This is becoming a bad joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yep... same for me. Brand new PC with a clean install of Windows 10/64 and latest GPU drivers (GPU acceleration off in preferences). Crashes after only a minute or two of use (at best) in Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a 27" iMac Late 2015, 8GB, 1TB Fusion drive, and my LR Classic CC has crashed almost every day for months and has issues when importing. It would be great if Adobe would address these issues as they seem to be effecting many paying users for a while now. WTF are we paying for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac is similar to yours, but 21.5" model.  After having used LR since version 1 I gave up.  Have moved to Luminar with no issues and it runs rings around LR.  Also, LR CC is nothing but LR 6 with a new face. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing all the time. PC/i7/32GB

Doesn't matter if GPU is enabled or not.

Importing. In the middle of developing. Whatever.

Rolling back until another update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines