• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New version lrcat file much smaller!?

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic has just been upgraded from v10 to v10-v11, and I've just noticed that the lrcat file for the new version is about 19% the size of the previous version (from 8.98 GB down to 1.68 GB). Is this a major upgrade of the file system or do I have a problem? Can I delete the old lrcat file safely?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your old catalog had not been optimized for a very long time. How many images does the catalog have? 8.98 GB is extremely large for a catalog file, 1.68 GB is much more what you would expect.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were about 13000 images most dng. I thought I had optimised the catalogue fairly recently. I'm not too concerned as nothing seems to be missing and I have now added a whole lot more, up to 49,000. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you tried out a lot of LUT profiles then these are no longer in the catalog as they have been optimized and placed in the lrcat-data file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines