• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NIK plugins are not working in LR 4

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2012 Mar 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using the BETA version for some time and I did not see this problem until I installed the released version of LR 4

The problem is that I cannot edit the images using my plugis from NIK software. ( I bought the complete collection about 3 months ago)

In the Beta version it was still OK.

Only the export plugin works (HDR from nik)

Also when I try to install the plugin again it only shows that it is compatible with LR3.

I just bought LR4 (since it worked in the BETA version)

Hope they will fix this soon. I also sent a message to NIK software.

anyone else has seen this problem

regards

Andre

I use MAC OS-X 10.7.3

NIK plugins are the latest versions available.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

You're right about that. Regardless, at least Adobe has a fix now. The LR-4.1 upgrade was easy to install and has fixed the problem once and for all - I hope. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 295 Replies 295
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2012 Mar 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

thanks for your answers and understanding.

I live in Lombardia, another region/country of Italy... I know Marche and it’s a beautiful place rich of nature, history and great food, like most of Italy...

Photography is non my job, I’m an enthusiast... I work in Information Technology and software bugs are normal, perfection doesn’t exist in anything: it’s not normal the behavior of Adobe that doesn’t tell anything about the time for the resolution.

Hope Adobe release a fix as soon as possible, or a press about this bug.

Have a great day you too

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lorenzo: you remind me of a point I made yesterday while talking to some other LR users in the United States - 

those of us who live here conveniently forget that this is a global problem, and not one isolated solely to the US. 

By the way, I live in the US - Texas

Regards,

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right Fred...

this is a bug that strike the software in any language and country, unfortunately.

Texas... I know your landscapes by movies and the work of many american photographers

love it

Goodnight again

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is going to be very interesting once the cause is determined.  Especially since I am sitting here with no known issues with my upgrade.  Does having PS CS5 have anything to do with that?  Non si.

Ciao Lorenzo,

I lived in Aviano Italy for cinque anni.  I returned two times.  But have not been back in 10 years. 

I hope this is solved for you and others soon.

Manco irritato il paese e la gente.

Cervo e' salute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aknbean wrote:

I think this is going to be very interesting once the cause is determined.  Especially since I am sitting here with no known issues with my upgrade.  Does having PS CS5 have anything to do with that?  Non si.

Ciao Lorenzo,

I lived in Aviano Italy for cinque anni.  I returned two times.  But have not been back in 10 years. 

I hope this is solved for you and others soon.

Manco irritato il paese e la gente.

Cervo e' salute

What OS (Mac or Windows and version) are you using?  I was thinking of getting CS5 eventually but if you are running Mac Lion with everything working, I might get it now and then upgrade to LR4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Aviano...

in Friuli-Venezia Giulia country.

I nerver visit this city, but a lot of people tell me it's wonderful and quiet.

I've never been in States, but i would like to visit it one of these years...

In Italy now is almost night... go to sleep cause tomorrow i'm on the job, like everybody

Hope to find the fix in the way to use LR4 this weekend after a shooting to a band.

goodnight guys

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Lorenzo; in Friuli-Venezia Giulia region.  Oh I must return again one day.

Buona Notte...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here we are again... starting a new day (in Italy is early morning), waiting a fix for the "edit in" problem, and Adobe remains in silence...

I've just tried to update LR 4, no updates are available, and the error popup persist.

Have a good day guys

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Loreno,

I am form germany - wating for the fix too !

Bypassed it with a CS5 Demo Install;

Corrsesponding to NIK I would appreciate if they would start an Adobe Lightroom like app; with their quality

and experience this would be the hammer!

cheers

/

Karl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

i've read the post in the link above and it seems that Adobe team is still investigating about the problem.

Hope they find the way to fix it as soon as possible.

The mix of LR and NIK plugins is so powerful that it seems unreal... you can obtain high quality results in a bit of time.

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl: good point.

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lorenzo: Good morning to you. It's interesting that I hear so many others talking about getting an "error pop-up." 

I don't get anything - it just doesn't work. The fix for this problem is going so slow. We need to all charge the Adobe 

building and demand a quick fix. Where's Napoleon when you need him

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7thsojourn wrote:

Lorenzo: Good morning to you. It's interesting that I hear so many others talking about getting an "error pop-up."

I don't get anything - it just doesn't work. The fix for this problem is going so slow. We need to all charge the Adobe

building and demand a quick fix. Where's Napoleon when you need him

Someone mentioned previously that the difference may be operating system - Mac users get no message and PC users get the "unexpected error..." message.  This holds true for me with my Mac and PC installations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Julie. I was beginning to wonder if I had an isolated problem on my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Julie,

I've tried to register an account on the PS forum you've indicated us, but the registration failed many times...

In this weekend I try from my home connection (now I'm in office)

Many thanks...

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lfranzoni wrote:

Hi Julie,

I've tried to register an account on the PS forum you've indicated us, but the registration failed many times...

In this weekend I try from my home connection (now I'm in office)

Many thanks...

Lorenzo

Ah, that's too bad.  I hope you can get it working.  Have a good weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a good weekend you too... Julie and other guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though my Nik plugins are working fine, I very rarely utilize those right out of LR.  In most cases I have made some various adjustments then am in PS CS5 before my desire to use.

The same for Topaz plugins.  Which I have not tested.  Now I am curious if those are working.

Normally I am in CS5 by the time I wish to utilize any of my plugins.  Except for HDR processing.  That I export directly from lightroom.  Which is working fine LR4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed my question in another support area (where only a few people mentioned the problem) and a support employee answered that they are aware of the problem and are working on a solution or a fix.

Please have a ook here.

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lr4_external_editor_failure?utm_content=reply_...

regards

Andre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karl,

some people have tried to install the trial version of CS 5 without results about the "edit in" question...

Yes... someone works, but in my opinion it's a workaround (not for all users), not a solution.

For me it's better wait for  the fix, if we can use LR 3.6 while we're waiting

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nik Plugins does not working with LR4.

I live in Brazil.

I am facing the same problem. Nik plugins does not work with LR4.

Suport in Brazil gave some directions but nothing worked. Some friends of mine with Windows have no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco,

this problem isn't on beta version of LR4... but in the final distribution the problem is actualy persistent in Win and Apple operative systems.

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lorenzo, Thanks.

In order to use the plugins I have been exported the images and choose to edit in external software. This way work, but I am waiting they fixed this problem asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines