• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Graphics Acceleration v8.4

Participant ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from LR 8.3.1 to 8.4 and support for my Graphics Card acceleration seems to have disappeared. I'm sure it was working under previous version but under Edit/Preferences/Performance, the graphics acceleration is now marked as "off" with a message that my system isn't supported. Checking out the list of Graphics cards it seems that my GeForce GTX 750ti card is now no longer supported by latest LR version. So, the promised improvements in perofmance that I've been waiting for aren't available to me unless I shell out for a new card - unless of course any helpful soul on here can point me in the right direction please? It's also worth noting that the graphics card IS supported in the latest version of Photoshop CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good, I see that you have posted your issue at the official feedback web site, and that you are engaged with some actual Adobe Techs.

Lightroom Classic 8.4: GeForce GTX 750ti - Graphics Card not supported | Photoshop Family Customer C...

Foe in some reason, your system information is easier to read at that posting.

I notice that OpenGL failed and no mention of DirectX.

Did the Adobe techs address that?

See solution 3 in the following, but cross fingers it does not make things worse, if still in contact with Adobe, ask them about it:

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

and this link link to revert back, if it crashes:

Lightroom Classic crashes on exit | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, no mention of the DirectX issue by the feedback website but another preson has reported a similar problem. I'll check the link you sent me thank you. I have also downloaded the newer driver that you listed and have created a restore poiint so may try to install that to see if it works.

Thanks again

Nigel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked at solution 3 you mentioned at when I checked down the folder tree, I could not find the Camera Raw GPU config .txt file in the folder - it was empty.Capture 3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to see if all that changes with the latest  driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest driver you mentioned wouldn't install, it is for Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your computer a app for Nvida control panel shoul exist. Use it to get driver updates

will return with a guide

Opps, already gave: NVIDIA Update|NVIDIA

That method will quirky NVIDIA for the correct GPU, correct OS, correct 32 or 64 bit, and correct driver, no need to hunt down in web

Do not be surprised if the app brings up that it itshelf needs an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going via the NVIDIA control panel leads me to an old 2015 driver 309.08 and won't give anything else. The driver I have installed already is 416.34 and as far as I can see it is the latest for Windows 7 x 64.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NigelD1  wrote

Going via the NVIDIA control panel leads me to an old 2015 driver 309.08 and won't give anything else. The driver I have installed already is 416.34 and as far as I can see it is the latest for Windows 7 x 64.

Wrong. The latest driver for Windows 7 64bit is as follows

431.60 - WHQL
Release DateTue Jul 23, 2019
Operating SystemWindows 7 64-bit
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Windows 8 64-bit
LanguageEnglish (US)
File Size496.83 MB

1) Download the latest GeForce Game Ready Driver 431.60 - WHQL driver: Drivers | GeForce

2) Uninstall ALL Nvidia drivers showing in the Windows 7 'Add Remove' ‘Apps and Features’ list.

3) When installing new drivers make sure to select 'Custom' and check only

‘Graphics Driver,’ ‘Nvidia WMI,’ and 'Clean Install' boxes.

4) Restart Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the advice about updating the NVIDIA driver to 431.60 proved to be correct (as you all probably thought it would). My problem was that the link that NVIDIA gave me pointed me to a version only suitable for Windows 10 and it wasn't until I received the link from Todd that I managed to do a clean install and get the driver to recognise the system - thanks very much.

However, I still see that the "use graphics processor" option in the performance tab is greyed out so I still don't have basic level of GPU. Suggestions appreciated thanks guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nigel, I am just thinking out of the box here, could please try the following shut down your computer (power off not restart). Let it remain for a short time e.g 1 minute then restart.

Boot Lightroom Classic and check the Preference/performance tab and take a screen capture of the top half of the Preferences Dialog box and post here so we can see what Lightroom Classic 8.4 indicates about your GPU. See the screen capture.

Screenshot 2019-08-14 at 7.08.25 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And in the you are not able to select Auto or Custom in the first option?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No - greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any other ideas, one thing for sure you will definitely not be able to use the new features. How much benefit you could achieve from the basic options is debatable. I for one have not seen any difference whether it's on or off, just my opinion.

I have an iMac27" monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help - thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NigelD1  wrote

Check the NVIDA Control panel and other NVIDIA software for updates

One of the apps you probably have is called GeForce Experience, and the NVIDIA Control Panel  might depend on that being up to date.

Image 4.png

Image 3.png

Hmm, earlier mentioned Nvidia Control panel, might have sent you in wrong or harder direction. GeForce Experience is easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NigelD1 You will need to upgrade your Operating System from Win 7 to Win 10 if you are going to make use of GPU Acceleration with Lightroom Classic 8.4.

Thats just how the cards have been dealt in this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DdeGannes  wrote

@NigelD1 You will need to upgrade your Operating System from Win 7 to Win 10 if you are going to make use of GPU Acceleration with Lightroom Classic 8.4.

Thats just how the cards have been dealt in this release.

It's the DirectX v12 requirement, am I right? And no DIrectX v12 on WIN 7???

Added that inquiry at the OP postingLightroom Classic 8.4: GeForce GTX 750ti - Graphics Card not supported | Photoshop Family Customer C...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having to update to win 10.............. gona make me have to get a new computer to run Lightroom?

Time to move on from Adobe I guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ jonb, this is a decision that you will have to make sooner or later, probably sooner than later.

The thing you will also have to check is, do you have mission-critical applications that will not work on Win 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonb95271491  wrote

having to update to win 10.............. gona make me have to get a new computer to run Lightroom?

Upgrading to Windows 10 won't help. Your Nividia GTX 759 Ti does not support DirectX 12 for ANY application.

DirectX 12 | Supported GPUs | GeForce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Todd+Shaner  wrote

jonb95271491   wrote

Upgrading to Windows 10 won't help. Your Nividia GTX 759 Ti does not support DirectX 12 for ANY application.

Todd,  my GPU isn't the GTX but a Quadro M2000M.  and  what I mean is that it seems at a *minimum* one has to have win10 now, already needed it if you wanted the smart sharpen.

The annoying part is I just had GPU support until I upgraded, so now what do I just down grade until it's time to get a new computer, and do I bother with LR/PS or just follow my

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Todd+Shaner  wrote

But I should not need DirectX 12, my GPU support open GL 4.6 which meets the requirements, or do I have to not run the latests and back by driver down from OpenGL 4.6 to 3.3.???

• NVIDIA: GPU with DirectX 12 or OpenGL 3.3 support.
  • OpenGL 3.3 and DirectX 10-capable video adapter for GPU-related functionality.
  • 1 GB Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM (4 GB recommended) for large, high-resolution monitors, such as 4K- and 5K-resolution monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jonb95271491  wrote

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Todd+Shaner   wrote

But I should not need DirectX 12, my GPU support open GL 4.6 which meets the requirements, or do I have to not run the latests and back by driver down from OpenGL 4.6 to 3.3.???

• NVIDIA: GPU with DirectX 12 or OpenGL 3.3 support.
  • OpenGL 3.3 and DirectX 10-capable video adapter for GPU-related functionality.
  • 1 GB Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM (4 GB recommended) for large, high-resolution monitors, such as 4K- and 5K-resolution monitors.

Yes, a bit of confusion, one of the reasons DirectX is brought up as a requirement (yep, we may be wrong) is in the Adobe support page for GPU issues, under Troubleshoot, is solution 3, that calls for forcing use of DirectX (mind you another support page calls for the opposite should LR crash at launch).

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for help troubleshooting and providing the log files to us. At this point, we can confirm that if your OS, GPU card and driver version does not support the DirectX 12/Metal, then the OpenGL based GPU acceleration fallback is no longer available in the latest LrClassic 8.4 release (also applies to ACR 11.4, LrCC 2.4). Although this is recognized as a bug, but the team has planned to drop OpenGL support in the next release. The reason is that some OS vendors have make it public that they will deprecate the OpenGL API soon.

Practically, this typically means the bug will show up if you have a Windows 7 OS and/or older version of GPU card or driver. There is currently no known workaround for the bug. The team is investigating possible temporary relief. For the long term, customers are strongly recommended to consider updating your machine to the latest Windows and macOS and GPU drivers to take advantage of the possible GPU performance gain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines