• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no page curl on virtual copies

Contributor ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly I'm no longer getting a page curl on virtual copies.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

This page curl is one of several kinds of "badge".

Badges can disappear from the Filmstrip on the fly, even if otherwise turned on, when the Filmstrip is narrowed down so much, the correspondingly smaller thumbnails can no longer accommodate those. (You cannot resize the Grid view thumbnails quite this small, it seems). So far as the Filmstrip, if you right-click and choose View Options from the popup menu, there is a checkbox for the display of Badges as well as controls for what'll happen if

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a first step please try resetting the preferences of Lightroom Classic:   https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html 

  

It's recommended to backup your preferences before you reset the preferences to the default settings:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/preference-file-and-other-file-locations.html 

If this doesn't help we need more informations about your environment. 

• Which operating system do you use? 
  • Which version of Lightroom do you use? 

Please post the exact version and not only phrases as "recent", "latest" and so on. 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.7 - Nik Collection 7 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz PhotoAI 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for replying.

I shy away from resetting preferences.   Might change some feature worse than 'no curl' on virtuals, and then I'd have to spend a lot of time finding it.

I'm using LR classic   11.4.1

Still no curl on virtual copies in library grid view.   Very wierd as it just came on all of a sudden.   I've done virtuals for years and years.

I don't see an option in Preferences that this would apply to???   Might there be one?

thanks,

Judy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shy away from resetting preferences.   Might change some feature worse than 'no curl' on virtuals, and then I'd have to spend a lot of time finding it.

By @judy04

Make a copy of your preference file before resetting. If the reset doesn't help, then just restore the copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does pressing J once or twice help?

This cycles through the three Library view options. One of them does not display any icons or metadata on the thumbnail and the thumbnail frame.

To configure the view options, press Ctrl + J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page curl is one of several kinds of "badge".

Badges can disappear from the Filmstrip on the fly, even if otherwise turned on, when the Filmstrip is narrowed down so much, the correspondingly smaller thumbnails can no longer accommodate those. (You cannot resize the Grid view thumbnails quite this small, it seems). So far as the Filmstrip, if you right-click and choose View Options from the popup menu, there is a checkbox for the display of Badges as well as controls for what'll happen if you click on a badge.

In Grid view, right-clicking and choosing View Options there gets you to a checkbox controlling the display of "Thumbnail Badges" within the Grid view - whether of Compact or Expanded items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!!!!   Somehow 'thumbnail badges' must have gotten unchecked.   THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!   Really bothered me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it helped. In my opinion it is good to always see which images are virtual copies and which are not. That said, any given virtual copy can be at any time switched to become the master copy (losing its page curl), upon which the prior master version becomes virtual (and so, automatically gains a page curl). The only practical significance of this change, has to do with external metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines