• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no rendered photo exists on disk

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had some problems with my PC Win10 solved and fixed by an „expert“. Now everything works fine except my „Photoshop Lightroom Classic 9.2.1“. When I try to export an image I get the error message "no rendered photo exists on disk". Image show up in library and the image count is correct in the panel showing files. I have no "!" on the images.  Able to go into develop module and edit.  Able to go to photoshop, edit and save as a tiff but still not able to export. I can see the .lrdata file in the lightroom folder.

Sorry for my poor english I am from germany and I hope that I have described the problem correctly. Unfortunately the german support can not help me.

•  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I found out that the file export works under certain conditions:

In the export window under "File settings" you have the possibility to reduce the size of the export file in two different ways. If I use the setting "Limit file size to ...". (e.g. 2000 K), an export is not possible and the error message "No rendered photo exists on disk" appears. If I enter a lower value (e.g. 500 K), export is also not possible and the error message "Could not create JPEG file that meet your limit of 500 KB. Please increase the file size limit."

However, if I uncheck "Limit file size to ..."  an export is possible. So obviously the file links are correct and Lightroom can access the data externally and locally during export. The export works even if I reduce the quality by using the slider or input.

The function "Limit file size to ..." is very important for my work and I would not like to do without it.

Thanks for your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2000K is 2 megabytes.  500K is 0.5megabytes. (very small!)

If you are exporting a large PIXEL sized image then it may not be physically possible to fit those pixels into the (on disk) Megabyte limit- unless you ALSO Resize the Pixel dimensions smaller.

What Pixel Dimensions are you setting in the Export 'Resize' panel?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering.

The problem is that I have two different error messages when I use the setting "Limit file size to ...".

If I set 500K, which is definitely too small, the error message is "Could not create JPEG file that meet your limit of 500 KB. Please increase the file size limit."

if I set it to e.g. 2000 K, which is certainly big enough, the error message is "No rendered photo exists on disk" 

I have tried it with several Pixel Dimension Settings ( 240, 150, 100 pixels per inch) in the Export 'Resize' panel but it doesn't work.

What I don't understand is that an export is possible if I uncheck the box "Limit file size to ..." . This shows that there are rendered photos on the disk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the answer
But isn't the fact that an export is possible if I uncheck the box "Limit file size to ..." a proof that LR finds the files on my system?

The function to limit the size to a certain value does not work.

Maybe I should delete LR completely and reinstall it. Will LR find my catalogs again? Surely I find that in a chat in this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Maybe I should delete LR completely and reinstall it. Will LR find my catalogs again?"

Uninstall/reinstall is extra work that solves nothing. I don't know what the answer is, but there are very few Lightroom problems solved by Uninstall/reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "The function to limit the size to a certain value does not work."

The previous posts from Wobert, dj, David are all relevant to the issue.

I have done a few tests to address the specific statement.

"Limit file size to..." has certain physical limits and has to do with the pixel dimensions, quality and saved metadata.

I just tested exporting one raw file which had a crop applied and the export was being done to the file dimensions of the crop, 4514 x 3009 PPI.

Selected in Limit file size........... Exported file size,...........Saved Metadata

.................1600 KB....................1100 KB..........................All i.e max data

....................900 KB.................... 791 KB...........................  " "

....................500 KB..................... 467 KB..........................  "  "

....................300 KB.....................270 KB............................  "  "

....................200 KB.....................Fail to export...................  "  "

....................300 KB.....................257 KB............................  Least metadata.

So this is the limit for this file pixel size to generate a smaller size file is to resize and reduce the number of pixels.

I would normally use the pixel size to a specific number on the long side in the Resize options. This helps if you are going to be exporting multiple files for a particular purpose both landscape and portrait.

The file exported at the settings in the screen capture is 336 KB on disk, it can be reduced by reducing quality I have it high at 85.  At 50 the file size is 121 KB.

Export for web sharing.Export for web sharing.   

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your explanations. I haven't worked with these settings yet but they are very interesting for me. What i don't understand is that I exported files this way some time ago. If I now want to export exactly the same files again with the settings of that time it will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error message- "no rendered photo exists on disk." does not appear in many web searches, so it must be rare. But some sites suggest that it is caused by faulty or incorrect 'Permissions' for the folder where you are exporting to.

Check the Windows Read/Write permissions for your set Export Destination folder.

When you see this error message, have you clicked on [Save As...] to create a text file that may give a better description of the error?

WobertC_0-1589918810543.png

But I have some questions-

1) How large (pixel dimensins) is the original photo you are exporting from?

2) Why are you limiting the Exported photo to these small sizes? (2000-500K)

3) Why are you setting a 'ppi' value in the Export?

4) Can you post a screen-clip showing the Export dialog with these panesl expanded and visible?-  Export Location, File Settings, and Image sizing.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error message- "no rendered photo exists on disk." does not appear in many web searches, so it must be rare.

thanks, that gives me hope 😞

Check the Windows Read/Write permissions for your set Export Destination folder

I have all permissions for the drives and folders

When you see this error message, have you clicked on [Save As...] to create a text file that may give a better description of the error? 

001.jpgThis is what the textfile says: 

No rendered photo exists on disk. (1)

G:\GESCHAEFTLICH\2016\Ackerstr\DSE_7425.NEF

1) How large (pixel dimensins) is the original photo you are exporting from?

It depends on the cameras I use and the camera settings: e.g. 4256 x 2832 or 6192 x 4128 or 8256 x 5504 (Nikon D700 and D850)

2) Why are you limiting the Exported photo to these small sizes? (2000-500K)

This is e.g. for use on an internet portal for real estate where the size of the files are limited or to send it as a proof to a client

3) Why are you setting a 'ppi' value in the Export?

There is no ppi value in the Export. See unchecked box

003.jpg

4) Can you post a screen-clip showing the Export dialog with these panesl expanded and visible?-  Export Location, File Settings, and Image sizing.

004.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"for use on an internet portal for real estate where the size of the files are limited or to send it as a proof to a client"

Resize the exported pixel dimensions down to something more suitable for web use. (ppi is not important)

Using the "Limit File Size to:"  as the only option may be confusing Lightroom.

If I export from a 4000x6000px NEF file with the settings in my screen-clip, I get a 90Kb file.

ScreenShot201.jpg

ScreenShot202.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue you describe. I was trying to export to a USB thumb drive. Seems the thumb drive was the issue. I used a differrent thumb drive and I was able to export. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice but unfortunately this does not work either. In the meantime I got used to "File Settings Quality" function and do not use the "Image Sizing" anymore. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

alim0101_0-1625648192930.png

i have this issue ...anyone can help me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At alim, you have provided absolutely no info about what task you were attempting to perform. This is an old and outdated thread and it would have been better if you started a new thread with appropriate information.

If you were performing an export and selected the "Limit File Size To" checkbox and entered a limit, Lightroom does that for you, however, the export can take longer than normal. It may also remove things like an embedded

thumbnail to improve the reliability and reduce the file size. Lightroom only adjusts the JPEG quality setting automatically, and not the pixel dimensions, so you’ll need to adjust pixel dimensions for the file size.

It’s only intended to work for small web-size photos.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error and just followed the instructions on this page. It seems to have taken care of it

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This is the solution "no rendered photo exists on disk" in Lightroom Classic on the Mac. Let me list it here:

System Settings... > Privacy & Security > Privacy: Full Disk Access > Adobe Lightroom Classic (toggle the button)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it was simply a file name that was too long!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that was causing the problem for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines