Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to import multiple photos from Lightroom to photoshop as layers

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am doing product photography for a personal project and I want to achive a focus stack effect.

I have taken and edited all of the appropriate photos in lightroom since it is very easy to copy and paste the edits in every photo but I am not able to select all of the photos in lightroom and then click on File > Edit in photoshop.

All of the tutorials say that there used to be a button where you could import photos from lightroom to photoshop in layers but I am not able to find it.

I am using the latest version of photoshop and lightroom (2022)

Thank you for your replies in advance!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Are you using Lightroom Classic or Lightroom Desktop? The latter is a version of the program that store all your images in the cloud. Lightroom Desktop cannot open multiple images as layers. You can only do this in Classic. To do it in Classic, make sure you are in the grid view and not the zoom view (i.e. you see multiple rows and columns of images - hit the g key to go to this view). Then either right or control click on one of the images and select Edit in-> Open as Layers in Photoshop. You c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Lightroom Classic or Lightroom Desktop? The latter is a version of the program that store all your images in the cloud. Lightroom Desktop cannot open multiple images as layers. You can only do this in Classic. To do it in Classic, make sure you are in the grid view and not the zoom view (i.e. you see multiple rows and columns of images - hit the g key to go to this view). Then either right or control click on one of the images and select Edit in-> Open as Layers in Photoshop. You can also find this in the Photo menu. Again, this option is not avaiable in the cloud version of Lightroom that does not have "Classic" in its name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

I didn't know this detail as I was using Lightroom Desktop thinking it was the latest vertsion. I just switched apps and now the whole workflow is much easier with a lot more otpions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people have fallen for this marketing trap. Lightroom Classic is what most people want and need but Adobe hides it trying to sell their cloud solution. The cloud solution has much fewer features than Classic but has one neat feature which is the cloud storage which makes it work exactly the same on every device (including phones and iPads). That's nice but the missing features make it not a good solution for many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I completly agree and I am switching to classic now since I don't really care about the sync option since I only edit photos on my computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines