• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open in Low Resolution Mode missing from Monterey

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears the 'Open in Low Resolution Mode' is now missing from MacOS Monterey.  I used to access this by right clicking on the Lightroom app in Finder, choosing 'Get Info' and the check box was there.

I use this feature for Lightroom as the system can get a bit laggy when I use a scaled resolution on my Mac Mini / 4K monitor combo (my preferred resolution is 2560 x 1440).  Opening LR in low resolution mode on Big Sur stopped any lag.  The option is no longer available on Monterey so I have to set the screen to display at a rather feeble 1920 x 1080.

I noticed others were eperiencing the missing check box on other apps and they found a workaround by adding - 

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key> <false/>

to the Content.plist.

I tried this but it screwed up on Lightroom (an error message appeared saying it couldn't verify my account!).

Any thoughts how to get Lightroom Classic to open in low resolution on Monterey?!

Thanks!!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that for Big Sur, the option shows up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, absolutely fine on Big Sur. For some reason the option has been removed in Monterey which has left me stuck with a choice of using a 4k monitor at 1080p or a 4k at a higher resolution but a laggy Lightroom 🙁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be an OS issue. Have you contacted support for your OS manufacturer?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reached out in Apple forums, a few suggestions were made to update the info.plist with the following code - 

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key> <false/>

I tried this but Lightroom failed to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is opening Lightroom using a custom argument from Terminal

open  /Applications/Adobe\ Lightroom\ Classic/Adobe\ Lightroom\ Classic.app --args -AppleMagnifiedMode YES

you can turn this line into an app using an Automator run shell script. Nothing else worked for me except this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@risottto 

Thanks for posting this.  I don't need it for LrC on my 27" Imac but I modified it for Garmin Basecamp as the map display in slow on a 27" Retina Display and this worked when I updated to Monterey today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines