• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Denoise

Participant ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recomends to Denoise early in the process. One method is to press the Reset which clears everything, however sharpening defaults to 40. This does carry over to Denoise. No one is really sure if Denoise is supposed to ignore it but you can see it. I've set it to 150 just to test it and it does show after processing and back in LrC. Denoise has to work harder. Is this a bug or is there another process we should be aware of like zeroing out sharpening as well? The examples show one file with sharpening set to 0 and the other 40.                                 

I'm on a Mac - Ventura 13.3.1  

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

@johnrellis  Nothing. It's probably an oversight. They did set any manual noise reduction settings to zero, and forgot/did not realise that sharpening also has an effect that is not the same. That is why I suggest to create a 'zero all' preset and use that. 'Reset' does not zero out everything, but sets it to the camera defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it has been. A bug or not the problem is that there is no information about this out there.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_20211001_154421_014.jpg

 

1. quote

Adobe recomends to Denoise early in the process. One method is to press the Reset which clears everything, however sharpening defaults to 40. This does carry over to Denoise. No one is really sure if Denoise is supposed to ignore it but you can see it. I've set it to 150 just to test it and it does show after processing and back in LrC. Denoise has to work harder. Is this a bug or is there another process we should be aware of like zeroing out sharpening as well? The examples show one file with sharpening set to 0 and the other 40.                                 

I'm on a Mac - Ventura 13.3.1  

By @digital paradise
  2. Sxe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this message Denoise not applied only applicable to bayer and xtrans files???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"I got this message Denoise not applied only applicable to bayer and xtrans files???"

See this article for an explanation:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/denoise-work/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines