• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimize Catalog to see Recently Imported Images

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at a loss here. I'll try to be as concise as possible.

1. Load up Lightroom.
  2. Control + Shift + I.
  3. Import images as per normal (been using Lightroom for a decade now).
  4. Auto navigates to recently imported.
    • No images visible. Folder structure is created in catalog.
    • Exiting lightroom and re-opening does nothing.
    • I have to optimize the catalog in order to see any new images.
    • If I sync folders or move things, I have to also optimize to see the changes.

Things I have tried

1. Taking off read only (half filled dot, not a checkmark - technically indicates 'Choose Read Only or Not' to the user). I've tried removing it.
  2. Given every possible permission to Adobe Lightroom Classsic and Ownership of the folder to myself.
  3. I am administrator.
  4. I have reset preferences.
  5. I have uninstalled, wiped the folder, and re-installed. Twice.
  6. Working from a different source folder (keeping originals elsewhere).
  7. Launched Lightroom as administrator.

Any advice would be amazing, thanks for taking the time to read.

I've never had this issue before and it's incredibly irksome.

[moved from bugs to discussions - Mod]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Have you tried importing images into a new catalog? If everything works fine with a new catalog, then most likely your current catalog is corrupted. In that case the following often works: create a new catalog, choose 'File - Import from Another Catalog' and import your old catalog. Import all images but do not move them during import. This will create an exact copy of your old catalog (except for any publishing service you may have), but hopefully without the quirks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share some more details on your PC (CPU & RAM, GPU & VRAM, ..), as well as on the format and source of the photos?

Also, please check if deactivating the GPU helps: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! I tried disabling the GPU and it did not work. Thank you for the suggestion, the new catalog mentioned below fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried importing images into a new catalog? If everything works fine with a new catalog, then most likely your current catalog is corrupted. In that case the following often works: create a new catalog, choose 'File - Import from Another Catalog' and import your old catalog. Import all images but do not move them during import. This will create an exact copy of your old catalog (except for any publishing service you may have), but hopefully without the quirks.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah incredible! Thank you so much. I actually moved my old catalog into a different folder to see if that'd help - it did not. I did create a new catalog as you suggested, worked like a charm. I appreciate this a lot, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Small hiccup, I get 'Lightroom could not import this catalog because of an unkown error'. Not a huge deal, it was a smaller catalog and I write changes to .xmp so I'll just re-import the images. Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines