Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Activation or Deactivation versions of Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have installed LR 6 on new machine. I can't activate it unless deactivated on other machine. So on other machine I did "Sign out". There is a message - "it will deactivate LR on this machine" - I clicked OK. Still can't activate. On my Adobe account there is nothing under Plans and payment->Activated devices.

So haw can I use a product on new machine? I know LR 6 is quite old, but still it is something I purchuased and I want to use.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6.14 (perpetual).

What does this mean?

• Installers, one-on-one technical support, security fixes, and bug fixes are not available for perpetual license versions. User to user led support is available through our Adobe Support Community.

For the latest updates and fixes please subscribe to a Photography, Lightroom, or Creative Cloud plan. Please be aware that there are two versions of Lightroom today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

This is a reminder that the Download Availability for Lightroom 6.14 is fast approaching. Please be sure to download it before December 31, 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 508 Replies 508
Guide ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a very long thread, but in the answers at the top you will find information on someone to contact at Adobe for help.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a quick update on this topic, I want to share that I recently installed a fresh copy of LR 6.14 on my laptop and got the message that my serial number is already active on the maximum number of computers. I contacted the Adobe support via live chat and they solved the issue within less than 5 minutes by resetting the activation counts for my serial key and the issue was resolved.

So please don't hesitate to contact the support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• But where is the chat? Link? I couldn't find it anywhere... Just links to topics etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

! CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT

The Chat icon is in the lower-right corner-

2021-12-27 08_19_11-Clipboard.jpg

You need to be Signed-In with your Adobe ID and password.

Your browser must allow cookies.

Click the Chat icon to open a conversation panel.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<removed>

We did computer and now it says I already have maximum a number activated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I had the same problem trying to install LR6 on a new laptop. Turns out
you can't deactivate either from within LR on the old pc, or on the main
site. Had to get it done over a chat link (below) and the person increased
the max num of registrations by one, SOLVED.
Good luck.
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/error-activation-limit-reached-sign.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @charliewallace, I clicked the link you posted here but wasn't able to find a chat link. I can't seem to find a chat link anywhere. Do you happen to know where I can find it?

Thanks!

Francis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Chat link is this speech bubble in the bottom RHS corner of the screen.

adobe-chat-link.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the chat bubble is not accessible on Chrome on my computer, even with popup blockers disabled and no ad blocking. It worked fine on Edge. Just a heads up for anyone else needing help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@charliewallace  Followed your lead with chat and resolved my same issue. Thanks for following up so others could be helped . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @CMass, I sent you a DM last week to deactivate my LR6 license on all my computers except my new one. Just following up and tagging you as requested. Thanks!

Francis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I also have this kind of problem. I bought LR6 a few years ago, installed on a mac whose hard drive failed. I then reinstalled LR6 on my new mac, but today, when I want to install it on my laptop, it's impossible because LR6 is already activated on two machines. But impossible to deactivate it on my first mac which was recycled a long time ago. How to do? Thanks for your advices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr6 can only be Activated/ Deactivated, and 'Activations' RESET by either-

1) Chat to a sympathetic Support staff member,

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT from this Chat link: 

Be Signed-In here with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser.

Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Ask only for ACTIVATION RESET of Lr6. (Do NOT ask for 'Support' -you will be referred back to the forums!)

2) Or send a Private Message to Careeesa as instructed in the 'Correct Answer' for this forum thread.

Lightroom-(Perpetual) is now at Version 11.2 -  known as Lightroom-Classic, many advanced features and improved editing added since v6.

Available by subscription-  $9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA) 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I want to use my Lightroom 6 Perpetual License on a new laptop. I found installers here, but when I choose Install (I have purchased) and sign in and enter my serial number, I get to a screen "Serial Number Upgrade", where I could enter a Lightroom 1-5 Serial Number (Message: Serial Number you provided is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer). But my Serial is for Lightroom 6, I took it from my account-page.

How can I activate my software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get to a screen "Serial Number Upgrade", where I could enter a Lightroom 1-5 Serial Number (Message: Serial Number you provided is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer). But my Serial is for Lightroom 6,

Means your Lightroom 6 serial number is an upgrade serial number. For it to be accepted, you also need to enter your serial number from your earlier version of Lightroom.

In your account page you should also see a serial number for a version from 1 to 5. Enter that and the software will activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I don't see my Version 4 Serial Number in my account page - I even forgot that this was an Upgrade. But I found my old Serial Number and I passed the Serial Number Upgrade Screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Carissa Massongill, I also sent you a DM to deactivate my LR6 license on all my computers except my new one. Just following up and tagging you as requested.

Thanks in advance for your help

LS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, I am running in circles. Unfortunately, the chat option was removed. (Unless you have a paid plan)....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Barbara238857149r4p  An answer for you will require you to tell use which 'circle you are running in'!

There are different answers for different setups & versions.

If you can post in this forum (signed in here) then there is still a 'chat' option. (allow cookies, disable blockers)

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

Please include the following in your question:
Adobe product and Version number.
A Screenshot of the info panel from MENU: Help/System Info...
Operating system and Version number
The full text of any Error Message(s)
Screenshots of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob, I have sent a PM to @CMass because I have also switched my notebook and now I cannot activate LR6 anymore.
The error message is the serial number is already i use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another
computer within 30 days to use this product. I have also tried the steps in this 19 pages chat 🙂
- deactivating and uninstall the instance on my old notebook
- trying to deactivate devices in my profile (none are listed)

With running in circles I mean desperately trying to find someone (mail, chat) on the adobe website to get in touch with. But this is impossible. Either the product is not listed anymore, the chat feature (mentionned and print screened a little further up in this chat) is only available for those having a paid plan. I stumbled over this chat rather late...
Thanks for coming back.
Barbara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- deactivating and uninstall the instance on my old notebook

Can only be done by a CHAT with Adobe support. Or See Correct answer!
- trying to deactivate devices in my profile (none are listed)

Can only be done by a CHAT with Adobe support. Or See Correct answer!

-desperately trying to find someone (mail, chat) on the adobe website to get in touch with.

It seems only Carissa Massongill is willing to Reset Activations for Lr6 users, By a Private Message!!

Unless you Chat and strike a sympathetic employee that understands LR6 Activations.

-the chat feature is only available for those having a paid plan.

If you have an Account with Adobe, which you would, having registered Lr6 when first installed, then you do not need a 'Paid' Plan to have Activations Reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

did you deactivate you LR6, please? I am looking for hints. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message marked as "Correct" has the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue at the moment, with a different setup.

I purchased Lightroom 6.0 in 2019 from a private seller, as it was not sold any more by any normal vendors. Activation was no problem, and I used it until this year (spring). I now switched to monthly subscription version, and have sold the Lightroom 6.0. Now the buyer told me, he is NOT allowed to activate it.  It seems that the seller I purchased it back in 2019 still has stored it in his Adobe ID - but this is only a guess, as the software is registered with an email not belonging to me (but Adobe refuses to mail me the name). 

I contacted support of Adobe in meanwhile, who said they cannot reset it, as it is not registered with my Adobe ID. I have the hardcopy, but the owner seems to be somebody else = fraud. 
I honestly hate this complete licencing rubbish. Any idiot can download a cracked version of it from the internet today and use it without problems. Me buying an original software is the one who can discuss, ask, investigate and so on.

I know this isn't the case any more with subscription, but this software licencing model is a real pain. And those who pay and don't steal / copy software, are the ones who get ******. This is not fair IMHO.... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I forgot to mention the name as requested in the 2nd post - sorry: @CMass 
Can you please tell me what can I do? 
Thanks Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines