• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Backslash (view original photo) button does not work on a Hungarian keyboard.

Explorer ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use Lightroom Classic with a Hungarian keyboard and I would like to be able to see the original state of the photos. I can do this with the Y key, but the \ key doesn't work (on my Hungarian keyboard it's the AltGr + Q key). I have read many articles and many forum posts about this error. It seems that this is a common error with national character keyboards (I have read about such a problem with e.g. German and Dutch keyboards as well). In a couple of places, I came across such a evasive solution proposal that a configuration file must be created under Lightroom and the new hotkey can be entered in one line. I tried this too (maybe wrongly), but it didn't help either. I have the latest version of everything on my machine. I use Widows 11 in Hungarian, with a Hungarian keyboard. Maybe it would be worth combining the related forum posts, or if there is a workaround that works in all languages, then make it public. Of course, it would be best if Lightroom handled keyboards correctly, regardless of language. Dear Adobe colleagues! Can anyone confirm that Adobe is addressing this issue?

Best regards,

Péter

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Create ticket to investigate and updated status

This is not a bug as Lightroom does not support Hungarian. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Any Shortcut plugin by @johnrellis .

It might not make the Backslash key work (could be hardware related), but should let you assign another shortcut to Before/After. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that the shortcut key for "before" image is \ but it's not working with Finnish qwerty keyboard where I have to press alt gr + + keys to get \.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Are you viewing the image in Develop module? You can use this plugin to remap some keys as a workaround for Finnish Keyboard: https://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/keyboardtamer.php

Let us know if it helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am! Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use all my programs in English, including Lightroom Classic. My keyboard is German though. Now I have the problem, that the keyboard shortcut for "Before Only" view (\) doesn't work on my keyboard, even if I use the keyboard combination for "\" which is ALTGR+ß on the German keyboard. 

Is there a way to access that shortcut for my case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meinst Du das hier:

FMcLion_0-1666445653943.png

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Genau. Nur ich benutze das Programm auf Englisch. SHIFT+V funktioniert daher nicht. Der Shortcut im englischen Programm ist "\".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auf die schnelle hab ich da keine Lösung gefunden - geht bei mir mit CH keyboard auch nicht.

Es gibt aber die Möglichkeit in den LrC Dateien die shortcuts manuell zu ändern. Müsste schauen ob ich das wieder finde ... ist eine Weile her.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brauchst du nicht. Davon habe ich auch schon gelesen und ich finde da sicher was wenn ich google. Ich hätte aber eine einfachere, hack-freie Variante bevorzugt. Ich denke es wird Zeit, dass man in LRC die Shortcuts innerhalb des Programms ändern kann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But I would have preferred a simpler, hack-free version. I think it's about time in LRC that you can change the shortcuts within the program."

Agreed. People have been asking for customizable shortcuts from the beginning -- it's one of the most popular all-time feature requests:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-allow-for-keyboard-shortcut-customization/i...

Meanwhile, while waiting for Adobe to change their minds, you can use the Any Shortcut plugin:

johnrellis_0-1666461659693.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll give it a try. And Adobe - listen to your customers more. This goes for Photoshop as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines