• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Computer crashes/Shuts down while using Denoise

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anybody else having an issue with ACR / Lightroom new AI Denoise - just shuting down your computer [ like someone just unplugged it from the wall - shut down ]?  Everytime I go to apply the NEW AI Denoise in ACR - or lightroom - the computer just turns off. 

2019 27" iMAC 12.6.5  running 64GB Ram

Adobe apps all up to date - 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It freezes on me when I use Denoise in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have the same problem of a windows 10 computer shutting down with denoise in Lightroom, I tried different solutions, updating and changing gpu driver, cleaning and vacuuming the computer and disabling gpu with no luck. But I want to point out that I had the same problem at the beginning with super resolution that at one point was solved, I don't know how. Does this give any idea to anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!   After running denoise Lightroom will not launch Photoshop.     

My guess, Denoise has a thread memory leak that causes some random issues.  

Adobe is not to helpful sorting these issues, IMHO.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its your GPU crashing-

Adobe should do someting about it but their latests built does not address the issue.

my computer can do 1-4 images and then crashes...

AI is taking your GPU over the max.

You are not alone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes you're right it is your GPU, but it's not a case of the GPU being taken over the top, it is overheating because the thermal pad is no longer there doing its job. Why, because with age it has evaporated away due to the constant heat while operating. Add to this the dust build up and immediately AI Denoise begins to do its thing, it ramps up the heat and takes out your GPU which shuts down your system to protect itself.

You can fix this by taking it to a service agent (computer shop which offers serviciing) and having them replace the thermal pad and remove any build up of dust. This is about a 20 minute job. I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself as there are a lot of screws to remove and then replace, but it is relatively easy to do providing that you can get a replacement thermal pad.

You should notice increased performance and no futher shutdowns. Hope this helps.

Soulmansblue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. When I use ai denoise in lightroom my mac shuts down. 

I tried several times then stopped for fear of breaking the hardware.

The monitor shuts down, the fans go strong and nothing seems to happen anymore. I force shutdown and restart. I tried to change the settings of the gpu and cache memory but nothing changes. 

ps. my gpu is compatible, supports metal and graphics acceleration is on.

Config:

macOs Big Sur v 11.7.8

Mac Pro 

2 x 3,46 GHz Intel Xeon 6 core

mem 

64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

graphic 

Radeon RX 580 8 GB

cata on ssd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use ai denoise in lightroom my mac shuts down. The monitor shuts down, the fans go strong

This is a classic symptom of the computer overheating ... fans run loud, computer shuts down. You need to check the cooling system of  your computer to make sure all cooling system elements are running properly. You need to vaccuum out all of the vents on the side of the computer so that they are not blocked with dust, and also make sure the vents are not blocked by furniture or a well. If possible, open the case and vaccuum that out as wall. If it is a laptop, try getting a laptop cooling device.

https://www.howtogeek.com/174288/how-to-tell-if-your-computer-is-overheating-and-what-to-do-about-it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, surely the heat factor comes into play and as soon as I have a break I plan to change the thermal paste on my cpu and do a good internal cleaning of my mac pro. Let me say however that thanks to the "activity monitor" I followed both the activity of the processors and the graphics card and I have not seen particularly inconsiderate values, indeed, a use of less than 50% of the latter. I also did a series of tests with programs that test and above all stress both the processors (I have 2 x 3.46 GHz Intel Xeon 6 cores) and the gpu (mine has 8GB) for a long time. Well on the monitoring panels the values were at the maximum and I tried to keep them for more than ten minutes, everything was fine, the fans were high and everything worked perfectly. I have a series of screenshots of the monitoring of the adobe ia denoise filter and of the "stress tests" and I can assure you that although the latter show insanely high values and for a long time, the computer has not given any signs of failure, quite the contrary. I therefore believe, also seeing the recurrence of this problem in other users scattered throughout the network, that there is a bug in the software. The computer crashes within seconds of using the denoise and, since April, the first time this problem was reported, there have been no evolutions, developments on the part of Adobe updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still think the computer is overheating. That's the symptoms you report. It doesn't matter that other software and computer usage doesn't produce this problem.

It can't be a bug, as software cannot (in the absence of hardware errors or driver errors) cause the computer to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood, at the same time, allow me to reply that, for example, I use video editing programs that are much more voracious of system resources and energy and everything works perfectly even over a long period of time. It's strange that a few seconds after launching the Lr denoise the computer goes haywire like never before.. The doubt remains

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Giusva,

The processors not having the latest features that Denoise leverages could also contribute to the issue.

The processors you have are several generations older than Denoise was designed to work on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and as i have the same hardware running on mac and windows 10;

it only crashes on the mac but is also much faster on the mac.

ergo; the different gpu drivers are in play.

Knowing that Apple only looks forward and the amount of people affected are not enough to make a stir in adobe's pool, i am afraid we have to live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are certainly right, but I still have a shred of hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course, in the same way I don't think a quantum processor is necessary.. I imagined that the calculation of the denoise was carried out above all at the level of the graphics card which, in my case, is more recent than the cpu, not so recent, but certainly younger as a concept . Obviously I have to change my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the computer, it is your GPU that is overheating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's not your CPU, it's your GPU that is overheating, but your fix is correct, but for your GPU. The thermal pad has evaporated, so there is nothing to take the heat. Replace your thermal pad inside the GPU and also remove any build up of dust.

You will find an increase in performance and no further crashing. Take it to a service agent, get them to do this and give the card a once over while at it. Check the memory is still good etc.

Hope this helps.

Soulmansblue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, tengo el mismo porblema desde hace unos meses, y tras pruebas y pruebas, a la conclusión a la que he llegado es la siguiente.

Al parecer todos los que sufrimos este porblema tenemos la gama de las AMD Radeon RX 500, o similares, lo cual me lleva a pensar que desde que AMD actualizó los drivers sobre abril de este año, algo ha provocado que programas que utilizan IA, como Davinci Resolve, Topaz , o en este caso, la opción Deonise de Lighroom Classic, queden inutilizadas por algun error de software de el cual no podemos hacer nada. Estoy intentando solucionarlo con el soporte técnico de adobe, a ver si encontramos alguna solución, pero creo que el problema es ese, y hasta que AMD no encuentre el error, y actualice los drivers, no vamos a poder hacer nada. He llegado a formatear windows, reinstalar drivers, reinstalar el BIOS, comprobar diferentes frecuencias de RAM, e incluso he realizado tests de estrés sobre todo el equipo durante largos periodos de tiempo, y no ocurre nada que provoque ese pantallazo negro y se quede inoperativo el PC. mi conclusión es esa, con suerte, en alguna actualización futura se solucione. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mi solución finalmente fue reducir en 100 MHz la frecuencia del núcleo de la GPU manualmente, de tal forma que la propia GPU no disparará su frecuencia máxima, lo cual provocaba el cuelgue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What You Use to Lower the Frequency

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fix this by taking your GPU to a service agent (computer shop which offers serviciing) and having them replace the thermal pad and remove any build up of dust. This is about a 20 minute job. I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself as there are a lot of screws to remove and then replace, but it is relatively easy to do providing that you can get a replacement thermal pad.

You should notice increased performance and no futher shutdowns. Hope this helps.

Soulmansblue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use it for about 15 years,   but in this case it does not make a difference.

Bu it is indeed a good program and free also...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a disgrace of a feature.  I tried it once ion Camera Raw on a 3 year old laptop with 16 GB of RAM.  It affected the computer so badly that a hard reset will not sort the graphica problems.  Compuer, under an extended warranty, now away for repair.  I feel like dumping Adobe for Capture 1 after this - I hope someone takes this up with Adobe.  I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use Denoise, you need hardware that can execute it. You need a fairly recent and capable GPU.

If you don't have hardware that is up to it, it simply won't work properly. It's just an option, you can still use standard noise reduction. We managed fine with that before.

You'll get the same problem in Capture One. Software is evolving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No D Fosse that is not correct.  Many people with recent computersystems have problemms and i am one of them . I have a AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 with 8GB ( mac pro) that can handle the denoise well but it gets overheated.

In my case If adobe would space 2 seconds of cooling between doing two files i would be OK.

in all my 40 years in computer work this has never happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is correct. I just did a test batch of nine 60MP files. Temperature stayed stable at 58-66°C throughout the whole process. It didn't even break a sweat, and that's on a fairly modest RTX 3060.

If it overheats there's a different problem. I'd say blow off the fans, but I'm sure you've done that. And you're sure the fans run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines