• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Default Metadata shows Original and Cropped as same dimensions

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped size in pixels is now missing in Library, the full original size is just repeated

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13.  Please install the update and see if you are still experiencing the issue. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
39 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can duplicate this BUG.  It is only in the "Default" where it is wrong.  In "EXIF and IPTC" it is correct.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 10.57.14 AM.jpg

EXIF and IPTC

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 10.56.42 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce on Windows (not on Mac) and have logged a bug with the team.

Thanks for the report and the subsequent clarification. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 

I reproduced this on may Intel Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I reproduced this on may Intel Mac"

Interesting, on my LR 11.3 / Intel Mac, the Metadata > Default tagset is showing correct Dimensions and Cropped. There must be some more involved conditions triggering the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mystery gets even deeper!!   This only occurs on SOME photo in my test catalog.  Others display the correct "Cropped" in the Default view in Library.  The problem photos also display the CORRECT dimensions in in Information Overlay in Loupe along with the "EXIF and IPTC" view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to add, I can recrop the problem photos and it does not correct the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like they need to pull 11.3 and woek on issues--
Ron Byram
Photographing the Adventure
https://photographingtheadventure.smugmug.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Neither @Bob Somrak nor I can post in the original thread any more. Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-default-metadata-shows-original-and-cropped-... 

Bob Somrak and I have observed on Mac that exiting LR and deleting "<catalog> Helper.lrdata" causes Cropped in the Metadata > Default tagset to display correctly, at least temporarily.   

It would appear that the performance improvements in 11.3 to make Metadata display faster rely on cached information in Helper.lrdata (like folder counts), and that caching may be a little glitchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An update to the Lightroom Classic (Version 11.3.1) was released on 4/20/2022 and contains (2) bug fixes. 

Please install the update via your Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Note: 

You may need to refresh the Creative Cloud App for desktop software to show an update.  ([Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+ [ R ])

Thank you for your patience. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two people report that 11.3.1 hasn't fixed this bug, even after they deleted Helper.lrdata (on the theory it contained staled metadata):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/bibliothek-unter-11-3-1-mit-fehler/m-p/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3FDAE4CF-AE2A-4F6C-A137-1217B820BC06.png

2C379F1B-D518-4899-B498-3D7F814C2916.png

I am still experiencing this problem on both my computers an iMac and a Windows PC. The problem started with LrC 11.3 and continues in LrC 11.3.1.

The info on my tests are described in the thread at the link below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/bibliothek-unter-11-3-1-mit-fehler/td-p...

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done further checking with other users who are experiencing this bug and it is apparent that it affects users who do not have "Automatically write metadata to xmp" selected in Catalog settings.

That option is not the default in LrC and therefore does not provide any relief.
I also find it strange there is no update in Adobe Camera Raw plug-in to match 14.3.1 in LrC.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screen recording that shows a step-by-step recipe for reproducing the problem in LR 11.3.1 / Mac OS 11.6.2:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyf029shgklp7vq/metadata-panel-cropped.2022.04.23.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good work @johnrellis 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely Adobe LrC and ACR beta testers should be working with default features to ensure the applications are functioning correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely LrC beta testers and engineers are checking using default settings to ensure the Application is functioning as designed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes 

I think it would be just luck to find an obscure bug like this in beta.  When I first duplicated the bug I got lucky and picked a photo with the issue.  Several photos around it did not have the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bob Somrak this begs the question what are the engineers doing with features that require "Automatically write to xmp" to be selected? See this other bug.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-metadata-auto-sync-doesn-t-update-the-displa...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DdeGannes 

Unfortunately the bug list in LrC keeps getting longer an LONG term bugs are not getting fixed, even fairly severe ones.  I used to have a list of bugs I was keeping track of and would test at most of the releases but finally gave up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"this begs the question what are the engineers doing with features that require "Automatically write to xmp" to be selected?"

I don't think this is deliberate -- over the years, there have been a number of disparate bugs that could be worked around by manually doing Save Metadata To File or checking Automatically Write Changes To XMP.   I'm sure that the LR code that handles metadata is extremely complicated, and I don't find it surprising that saving metadata to file takes a different path through complicated, tangled code, which avoids or corrects a metadata bug.

There are many contributing factors: messy industry standards that have changed significantly over LR's lifetime, the addition of new file types, the addition of new Library and Develop features, attempts to improve performance, successive generations of engineering teams of varying abilities (regressing to the mean, as is typical for mature software products), and Adobe's public statements about focusing their product efforts of LR Classic on Develop rather than Library. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't know if the following is part of the issue. Since the update on 4/20/2022 Lightroom didn't recognize my external drivers. I have two and in both on them appear the legend "Didn't found the file". Please I need help I couldn`t work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Baltazar24158793k0ps, you have a different issue. Are you on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @johnrellis I guess it is a little different but since de update. Its so strange now. I work on Mac; my two external drives are not readable in Lightroom since the updated. At the beggining also I reinstaled it, then verify catalogs, the issue is that my drives appear in green in Lt, but it can't find the files! Also since Friday, the date I update, I couldn't save in those drives. I can seee the files, open it, work on them, but when I tried to save, didn't let me do it. I have not issues before in any of the two drivesr mentioned. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something changed in Mac OS 12.3.1, and many people are finding they need to grant LR Full Disk Access.  See these instructions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-catalog-cannot-be-used-becaus...

Votes

Translate

Translate