• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom 6.14 download is no longer available on Adobe servers

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2024 Jan 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought Lightroom 6 sometime in 2017. Now my previous computer broke and lightroom went with it. Well, no problem, I thought, I can download it back from the creative cloud to my new computer. But now it turned out that it can no longer be downloaded. What are my chances now? Can I get compensation or a refund for something for I can no longer use the product I bought and paid for? I didn't get any notice that the download file should be saved to yourself, because adobe no longer offers it for download. What now?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then, I guess you are out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why I'm asking here to find someone who still has it saved. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to purchase a new computer. I have been unable to find my Lightroom 6.0 CD to reinstall and the adobe site tells me I can no longer download. Can anybody advise how I can get a CD for Lightroom 6.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@granitehill4 

Because you are asking for a CD, I think you mean Lightroom Classic and not Lightroom? I've moved your post from Photoshop to Lightroom Classic, but we can move it again if I'm wrong.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download from here: https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions 

Do yourself a favor and save this downloaded file somewhere that you can find it in the future in case you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lightroom 6.9 cd which installs to a point, then tries to access the internet to download essential updates, but never does!

So I don't think having the cd is going to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is last day 12/31/2023 that light room 6.14 is available to down load (acording to the web)

I have un-installed LR 6.0 (which crashed and would not boot up)

now need to download a new version, installer appears to be not available.     help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still able to download LR 6.14 from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

You can also download it from here, a trusted site (it's called "Lightroom CC 2015 (w/LR6)"):

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought V6 in 2016 and have used it since with no issues. I have a HUGE database if pictures in the LR catalog. Now I have had to reinstall V6 becasue my old disk failed. But that's no problem because I kept the original installation file and the email providing me with the serial # and all my data is backed up - what more can a user do? But now after installing the app it wants me to login to the Adobe servers. That's fine too. I have an account and logged in but I'm stuck in a loop. It says I have logged in but then when I try to run the app it asks me again to login, which I do, and try again, and it asks again. Looping. How do I get past that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated Adobe Application Manager?  I had to do that before I could activate after reinstalling ealier this year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! After MUCH messing about I located a download for AAM v10 here

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe//creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager10.0_all.exe

and I have been able to login and run LR6 as I hoped.

Next step is to connect this new instance of the program to my old/large/existing database. The app wants, quite reasonably to create a new instance of its database. Can you guide me in the steps to connect them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooopppss, possibly spoke too soon. Now I get past the login and the LR6 userinterface appears. But as soon as I do anything , it disappears - looks like the app killed itself, no traces. So maybe not actually logged in at all. Or maybe it is because I have not (yet) created a catalog for it to use and it just goes away. Not sure, need to mess around some more. But assuming I get THAT sorted then I still need to know how to connect a new app instance to the old catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh, looks OK. Pointed it at the old catalog and it connected up nicely ... I think, so far. So big its's hard to tell if anything is out of whack. Time will tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear you were able to get LR reinstalled and working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gcbodiegreat you were able to get this to work. It would be helpful for the group if you could write down the method, step-by-step, so others can make it work as well (assuming you can remember the exact steps). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get Light Room Classic V6.0 running on a new system:

Requirements - You need a backup of your LR catalog and all of your pictures if you're going to reconnect to your old data. You need the installation EXE and your serial number license key. If you don't have those saved then I don't know how you can get them. But if you have them then ...

1. Get the most recent Adobe Application Manager. All I could find (in July 2024) was V10 and I don't know if it is the most recent. I found it here:

https://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe//creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager10.0_all.exe

2. Install this AAM v10. There is no user interfaace for it, just stays as a background job.

3. Restore your data from backups and make sure you know where the Lightroom.lrcat file is located. I restored to EXACTLY the same drive letter and folder names as before. Not certain that matters but it would if the catalog contaisn full file specs for the pictures (I don't know for sure, but it sure seems likely).

4. Install LRC V6.0 and the installation will ask for your serial number. 

5. Run LRC. It will want you to login to Adobe with your account and password. AAM facilitates that. If you don't have an account then I don't know if creating a new one will work, but give it a try.

6. Let LRC create the default new catalog if it wants to, you won't be needing it and can delete it later. Go to File > Open Catalog and point it to the Lightroom.lrcat restored from your backup. Give it some time to reconnect to all the pictures and get itself sorted out, but I think you're good to go after that.

7. You'll need to create again any presets or configurations inside LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I subscribe to tteh  Cloud Photo Plan. I have a MacBook Air running OS 12.7.6 and that is all fine. But I also have a latge 2014 iMac which cannot run later than 11.7.1. On that Machine I am able to run Photoshop 2024 albeit with performace compatabiulity warnings, which I can live with. On thbis machine I also hvae Lightroom $ which is rteh last version I bought outright.I tried installiong Lighgtroom Classic not rralliusoing it was noit compatible and although it did install it. FViiddling arounI found that I coule (in theory) go back from Classic to Lightroom 6.1 and I clicked on teh option whioch tghen asked me to unistall Classic whioch I did. But now when I click the the Classic installer it no longer gives me that option.

Is there any solution or am I stuffed and stuck with Lightroom 4 on this machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines