• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Mac) Camera Raw Mismatch being reported from LrC 11.4.1

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated Lightroom Classic to 14.4.1.  Tried to send a raw file fr LRC to Photoshop 23.4.1 and got a popup window saying I should install Camera Raw 14.4.1.  I opened up Creative Cloud and checked that I have the latest Camera Raw 14.4 installed and there's no 14.4.1 update.  So is this a new bug?

Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 4.58.36 PM.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

With the August releases of Camera Raw and the Lightroom Desktop/Classic, this should no longer be an issue. Update these applications as soon as they are available in your Creative Cloud App.

This is actually an LrC bug.  Classic should be recognizing (Mac) CR 14.4 as compatible with (Mac) LrC 11.4.1. It isn't so we've logged a bug against LrC for future instances where there is an X.y.z vs X.y mismatch. 

Workarounds:

For now, the error message appearing is a mistake. Until the LrC bug is fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 107 Replies 107
Participant ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-camera-raw-mismatch-being-reporte...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Anyway works for me on original image files. Sometimes if it is a previously edited .tif I will get a message saying the file is corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does render in LR mean? Should it be used or just use OPen Anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rikk

Inconvenience is the big issue here. Not only do we have to "open anyway" but when saving the image from PS back to LR, it adds a totally different name to the file.

Any ideas to fix this would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here for this is exact message. Didn't notice any issues with image upon 'Open Anyway' either. Was rather alarming at first.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hola...no estoy de acuerdo en usar pestaña de "abrir de todos modos", pues no guarda ajustes de Lr al pasar foto a Ps...SE DEBE USAR PPESTAÑA "INTERPRETAR/RANDERIZAR COMO Lr", para que te respete ajusters de Lr...lo acabo de denunciar a Adobe y lo solucioné de esta forma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across this exact issue. Same pop-up and everything. I haven't been able to send a raw file to photoshop for a few days now. I just rolled back both LRC and PS to previous versions. Still didn't work. Nothing happens now. No pop-up complaining about Camera RAW. I said, "eff it, I'll just crop in LRC and export as large .jpgs then open in PS to continue editing." NOPE! Now I can't sync anything. All I did was crop my image and then select a few others as usual. Hit Sync, and NOTHING happened. No pop-up with preferences. I then re-updated LRC and PS to their current versions, then rebooted my machine. Still having sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a (volunteer) pre-release tester for this product and the Photoshop suite, please accept my apologies for this bug. Oops! Sorry about that.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is where I logged the bug first but it got moved to the Camera Raw section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Millions of folks have hit this problem and they post here and I see their posts. The *ONLY* reply I'm interested in is the announcement that Adobe will *finally* release a fix. I don't see an obvious way to quiet this thread until then. Is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe help line had me do a few things which didn't solve the problem. I'll just wait for an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Millions of folks have hit this problem and they post here and I see their posts.

Millions? 

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."-Carl Sagan

Adobe will release a fix. In the meantime, there are at least two ways to circumvent the bug, already outlined here. Which you use (or don't) is up to you until the bug fix arrives, which it will. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The numbers are irrelevant. The mistake made by Adobe is a massive egg in the face for them and NOT a good sign of competence. It's put a number of people, me, to some inconvenience. Having to roll back is not something I signed up for in my purchase plan. If Adobe are going to continue to expect me to pay monthly for their product then I expect them to do a much better job or releasing clean working bug free updates. This is not the first time there has been an update balls up. This is especially the case as they have a slew of alternative photo editing apps breathing down their neck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As bugs go, this is REALLY minor. Did you make a big fuss about the recent Photoshop data loss bug where a new release corrupted images? That would have been bad, had it not been fixed right away. This? This is nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree, made up numbers are irrelevant. And yet that's what we got here today. 

Please let me know which software product is 100% bug-free. 

Please let me know what software product from Adobe forces users to update their software? 

Please let me know what subscription service (that we pay for monthly or otherwise), software or otherwise is 100% without any issues to all customers? 

You are free to use any alternative software product, do let us know after say a year of use, that any of the above is true with said product. 

Until then yes, there is a bug (more than one if you want the facts) and yes, there are ways to work around this bug under discussion here until a new build is released. If the goal is to fix the issue until then, alternatives have been provided. Anything else is ranting which isn't at all effective. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont see the point posting an appologist reply in fact I find your tone very insulting in that it implies we should be grateful for what ever Adobe see fit to supply. I have been using Adobe products for around 25 years and in most parts have been pretty happy with their products. In this instance it was such a glaring error and one that caused me a huge amount of inconvienience which is why I raised the issue. Regarding updates bugs are a part of life but this was beyong a simple bug. We are paying for a service from Adobe and they are honour bound to supply the best product they can.  In this instance they failed and making excuses does not help the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're kind of done here. 

1. There is a correct answer to the question asked (what's going on).

2. There are suggested workarounds until a fix.

3. Adobe is aware of this and a bug fix will result.

Everything past that point is rants, and made-up figures, and doesn't add to the conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2022 Jul 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey friends, hoping someone can help with this! 

I'm editing in LRC and when I try to open a photo in PS, I get this message: "This version of Lightroom may require the Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in version 14.4.1 for full compatibility. Please update using the update tool available in the Photoshop help menu."

The problem is that it already is updated, as is PS and LRC.

I checked out earlier forums where this message popped up and the general advice was to click "don't show again" and proceed anyway. I tried that, but the edited photo then appears in LR as heavily desaturated and slightly degraded. 

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A friend of my had the same experience on an iMac OS V12.4. Restarting the computer fixed it.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue for the time being, see:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-bugs/p-mac-camera-raw-mismatch-being-reported-from-lrc-11-...

Also, see the issue with Edit in Photoshop and a mismatch in color due to a bug where resetting PS prefs is the fix:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/raw-nef-file-edited-quot-edit-in-photos...

Its a bug, resetting preferences in Photoshop should fix this for the time being. However, the bug messes up the embedded profiles from the edited images from Photoshop. So you'll need to open them in Photoshop and Assign the ICC profile you selected in the LR preferences (Edit In Photoshop prefs). So if you asked for say, Adobe RGB (1998), you'll need to open those images and use Assign Profile command, pick Adobe RGB (1998). Now they should preview correctly. 
If you can save a copy of the preference from Photoshop before resetting, it would really help Adobe find a fix.
Please see this original thread about this issue and if possible, provide the original preference file to Adobe as requested here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/p-colors-shift-when-going-from-lrc-to...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is another example of Adobe not keeping to the standards it used to have. It is sloppy. I am sitting on a pile of photos from a family weekend and cannot import them. I have lost my window. It is not good enough. I see the remark about quieting the posts from brucekorb et al but I also think we should send a message to Adobe. And it is not just a minor problem. What if you are a wedding photographer and expected to produce the photos of the event. Or a journalist? Sure there are various kinds of awkward work arounds but that's what they are, awkward and not what we pay for. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Lightroom Classic 11.4.1 and now every time I bring images into Photoshop from Lightroom it's asking for a Camera Raw update 14.4.1. When will this Camera Raw update be available? 

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Could you please update Lightroom as quickly as possible. In the meantime I assume it is safe to click on the "Don't show again"  button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I were you and like me you have a bunch of image to work on and round trip between LR and PS I would go for rolling back the LR update. Just watch as you may have to relink the LR catalogue once done. But other than that it the safest option. I would just wait for Adobe to sort out this problem out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines