• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: (Mac) Ventura Known Issues - Please read before you upgrade your OS

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you save your catalog on an external drive or if you are tethering with Nikon products, please read before you update your Mac OS to Ventura (13.x)

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/known-issues.html 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

The OS issue was discovered in the beta phase for Ventura. Without a release date from Apple, Lightroom Classic was released with a fix that mitigate the OS issue. After Lightroom's release, Apple released the final version of Ventura which mitigated their previous issue. Consequently, now, Lightroom Classic will need an update to function with the changed final version of Ventura.  An update for the drive issue should be release soon. Until then, space available, you can move your catalog to th

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El error es ya bien conocido, pero desde la actualizacion a la version 12.0 y hasta la actual 12,1 no ha habido respuesta a la falta de funcionamiento de Tether con las camaras Nikon usando MAC OS ventura. No hay fecha segun vi hasta ahora , Adobe reconoce la falla desde que se hicieron los reclamos pero no hay ni solucion ni fecha para ella. Quienes usamos LRC como herramienta diaria debemos usar el software de la competencia para poder usar esa funcion. 
Entre Adobe y MAC se culpan mutuamente y han sacado sendas actualizaciones con correccion de errores muy menores pero sin novedad de este tema ... será que se puedan poner a resolver este ENORME PROBLEMA para quienes somos usuarios de sus productos y pagamos desde hace años mensualmente? 
Gracias
macOS Ventura 13,2 (22D49)
LRC 12.1 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the answer I was looking for. The struggle was real until now. Thanks!  
Photographer Swiss Based<br />www.janschick.com>Jan Schick<br />Photographer Swiss Based<br />www.janschick.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I upgrade my OS to MacOS Ventura and after upgrading I have problems with Lightroom Classic. I save all the catalogs in external hard drive and it is not opening. I am getting this message 

Failed to create lock file inside the folder: Lightroom Catalog-v11_v12.lrcat-data.

The process cannot access the folder because it is being used by another process. How to resolve this issue? Please let me know. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to offer the following as a counter example.  I upgraded to Lightroom Classic 12.0 while still running a Beta of Ventura (11).  I did this on three machines.  First, on a Mac Studio Ultra running Thunderbolt 3/4 Connected RAID arrays controlled by SoftRAID 6.3.2 (also beta).  I keep my catalog on one small SSD RAID, while my photos on another larger (24 TB RAID array - RAID 5).  No problems running LR12 with the updated catalog on the external RAID array.  Second machine, similar RAID configuration, but a 2020 iMac i9, 10 Core machine.  No problem updating the catalog or accessing the catalog before or after the LRC 12 catalog upgrade.  Have imported, exported, edited, saved and backed up files on both machines.  Third machine.  2020 Mac Book Pro (Intel i9).  This time I'm just running LRC with an attached SSD holding a small catalog and small set of files (just for traveling).  No issues there either.

The common thread here is that doing the install while still using a Ventura Beta seems to have avoided the problem.  Subsequent to this, I updated to the release version of Ventura.  Everything still runs properly.  

This might explain why the issue didn't show up in QA for either Ventura or from betas of Lightroom Classic.  Apparently, something changed between the final beta of Ventura and the release version of Ventura that only affects machines not converted to LRC 12 before the final release of Ventura.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Creative cloud updated my lightromm classic on my MAC to version 12. Now I can't open any of my catalogs which are on an external device. Are there any fixes ready?

Bye

Sven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-mac-ventura-known-issues-please-read-before-you-upgrade-your-os/td-p/13285146 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original thread has been merged into this thread, but as per my original post my problem occurred on a Windows PC, I am running Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PeterG1  I still see you in the original thread, Peter.  We do lose track of OS in merged threads so that may be why. Follow the other thread please.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent 4 hours on the phone between adobe and mac.  Here is the fix if you are now running ventura on your mac and lightroom classic on an external:
- copy the catalog you want that is on your external drive over to your desk top.  Then, double click on the catalog that is now copied to your desktop and lightroom classic will open and you can continue to edit.  l

You will also be able to save a catalog back onto the same hard drive that won't read in lrc but again, you'll need to follow the steps above to re-open the new catalog.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

After installing the new MAC OS beta 13.1 th catalogs on external drives are working as usual!

Have a nice day!

Sven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warum kann man auf dem Macbook (M1 - Ventura) LRC keine älteren Kataloge aktualisieren, aber auf dem PC ist es möglich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

If you are using your catalog from external storage, then there is an known issue with macOS Ventura and LrClassic 12.0.

We are working on resolving this.

Smit | Lightroom Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No me permite cambiar a un catalogo que tengo en disco duro externo, el error dice que no se puede iniciar el almacenamieto de mascara y pixeles porque esta siendo utilizado en otro preceso 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

If you are using your catalog from external storage, then there is an known issue with macOS Ventura and LrClassic 12.0.

We are working on resolving this.

Smit | Lightroom Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo! Sobald die Kataloge wohl auf externen Medien liegen, funktioniert es nicht! Ein update auf die neueste Beta von MacOS 13.1 hat bei mir Abhilfe geschaffen!

Gruß Sven

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielen Dank
Ja das ist tatsächlich das Problem.
Ich bin froh das es wenn man es auf den Rechner kopiert, geht.

Viele Grüße
Wilfried Wittmann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems after upgrading my MacStudio to OS Ventura and LR 12.0. I moved some of my files with the catalog to Mac HD and it works here, Except Topaz Denoise and NIK software which I cant use.....I hope it will be fixed soon....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my M1 Mac mini to Ventura, but had already upgraded LrC and the catalog on an external drive. The catalog does open in this instance and was at least partially functional but VERY slow. I copied the catalog and previews to my internal drive and it seems to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Adobe could make an effort to warn people when there are such fundamental issues with an OS upgrade? Like me, those in this thread are clearly finding out after the issue has struck and we have no access to our Lightroom catalogues. This is a fundamental issue and deeply dents my trust in Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, this issue didn't exist in late Ventura betas.  Apple changed something in the week between Adobe's release of LRC and Apple's final release of Ventura.  I can't fault Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At Maria, see the link below there appears to be an issue with Nikon Cameras in LrC 12.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-ventura-compatibility/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded this morning, I cannot tether my Nikon Z7 to Lightroom Classic. Both Lightroom and my Nikon have the latest upgrades.

This is my work, therefore extremely important. Can anyone advise if there is a fix for this? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had the problem with external catalogs. Yesterday Apple released a new beta update for Mac OS 13.1. After I installed it lightroom 12 works ok again! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon seems to own this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what pops up and yes I tried the fixes on the forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines