• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New AI-powered Lens Blur (Early Access) available across all surfaces.

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post applies to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic & the Lightroom Ecosystem products.

The Lightroom team is sharing an early look for AI-powered Lens Blur–giving you the ability to apply optical blur on any image regardless of how it was taken. Lens Blur is now available to try on all Lightroom surfaces.

How does Lens Blur work?
  • Lens blur applies a depth-based blur effect, similar to what can be achieved with real-world optical lenses, by using AI-generated or device-captured depth data (when available).
  • Lens blur will automatically prioritize focus for the detected subject, but you can also interactively adjust the focus distance. Precise focus range tuning is also available (currently desktop only: Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Classic, and Camera Raw).
  • You can also further customize the Bokeh shapes, highlight Boost (desktop only), and make depth map refinements (desktop only).

Will my Lens Blur adjustments on one surface be synced to other surfaces? I.e. mobile to web to desktop, and vice versa?
  • Yes, all edits will sync. To revert settings, you can go back to previous versions or history steps, or un-apply Lens Blur settings.

Can I add Lens Blur settings to my presets?
  • No, presets and copy + paste workflows are not currently enabled for Lens Blur during Early Access.

For more information, please check out Lens Blur. 

Please give it a try and share feedback in this thread as we continually improve this feature.

Lisa Ngo: Lightroom Product Manager

Current Popular Lens Blur Feature Requests:

Stop by and give them a vote if they're of interest to you!

Posted by: 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Please report your system info via Lightroom>Help>System Info...

If you encounter GPU driver issues while using ML features in LrClassic/LrD/ACR, please try to update to the latest macOS version or if you are on a Windows machine, follow https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/troubleshoot-gpu.html to update your machine to the latest GPU driver and  see if the problem resolves itself.

If the OS or the driver is not available or possible and the problem persists, then try the following

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1965 Replies 1965
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using  "lens blur" feature.  I got good results but it  is very slow compared with other lightroom classic functions. Slow responds after moving bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missed this option until today, and had a W-O-W moment with my first result.  Had to take a quick head shot for an overdue publication this morning and wasn't satisfied with my camera work.  After applying this option, it helped me out of a tight corner.  Can't wait to get back and start to play with this and learn how it can work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature is good mostly (so far) but sometimes misses the subject. Example -- photo of skunk cabbage dead center, but LB picked up some out of focus leaves in the upper right, blurred everything but he leaves -- they were already blurred and not the subject anyway.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening

I now use it almost routinely. Great job.

One question:
When I press Option (Mac) with the blur button, do I switch to the sharpen brush?
And vice-versa with the sharpen button.

I see that the size of the brush doesn't vary, unlike that of the mask tool.

Why are there two logics between the blur brush and the mask brush?

A comment:
Why did you translate the sharpness button into French as cone?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'd like to pass on several errors from the new "New AI-powered Lens Blur (Early Access)" tab.

It turns out that when I want to do a before/after with the "*" key, to correct certain blurred areas when they shouldn't be, lightroom starts to bug and I can't do the before/after anymore.

The second error I get is when I try to redefine certain areas that are too blurred for my taste (to correct details), it's as if a sharp "line" appears on my image.

However, this tool is really spectacular and very powerful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to use it for two days, then I can't use this option anymore and the following error appears: "An unexpected error occurred and your request cannot be completed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes adds outline around object in picture. Not sure how to get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to erase back an area you don't want blurred? I have a shot of a ballerina in the air and the lens blur I applied is beautiful except it picked one of her feet and blurred it, as well, even though it's on the same plane as the rest of her leg (in other words it's not bent backwards to blend with the background). I'd like to be able to just "erase" the effect from her foot. Am I missing something? Is that already available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cancel that! I just found the answer below. Missed it the first time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le flou que utilise lightroom est vraiment bien il permet de bien flouter l'arrière plan c'est un très bon outil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are times I want to blur the background more to bring attention to the subject.  This looks like it is just what I need.  a lot faster than masking and bluring with a brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Blur works surprisingly welll! My only problem is that he Blur and Focus brushes are jumpy and not always accurate. Great new feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like it added to the synchronise tool so we can do a batch of blur effects without having to do each image separately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For masking and Blur, i'd love to be able to subtract a mask that I've made. If I select Subject, Object, Person etc. and edit it with add and subtract brushes, I'd love to be able to select that mask (as in duplicate and invert). I hope that makes sense the way I've described it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2024 Feb 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strongly agree with this; could be an extremely powerful addition to a great feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2024 Feb 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried lens blur today for the first time. On two similar images, one was okay, the other it blurred part of my subject.  Is there a way to mask and eliminate this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the selecting from "blur" to "focus" so you can bring back any areas which are incorrectly blurred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe the lasso tools with feather ability- polygonal good for straight edges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background blur is great. would also like a control to desaturate the color of the burred area.

Love the depth of field control. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks greta and funtastic... 

Roedy Rustam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it doesn`t work !!!! What can i do ?

[image: Mailtrack]
<>
Remitente
notificado con
Mailtrack
<>
27/02/24,
11:52:42

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-02-25 165359.pngLooks great and Funtastic

Roedy Rustam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2024-02-25 171239.png

Awesome  fitur  and great enhance 

Roedy Rustam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally upgraded from Lightroom 6 today and tried this feature for the first time. This image is a good example of the one detail I don't like. The point lights in the background become large and obvious bokeh circles. I suppose they are actually a good representation of what can happen, but I find them too sharp-edged and distracting. It would be nice to have an option to control the softness of the edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines