• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Open as layer not working from Lightroom Classic to Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edit about 30 images per day by selecting the below command, within Lightroom Classic (recently updated):

PHOTO > EDIT IN > OPEN AS LAYERS IN PHOTOSHOP (also recently updated)

But after the most recent update of PS and LrC I have lost this ability.  If I select 5 images in LrC and try to do the above, only about 1-2 images appear in my layered PS file as a layer, then a blank "LOAD LAYERS" layer appears (see attahed) and one more image will open in a seperate PS file and not a part of the layered file - then the import quits.

After I am done editing the layered file and when I save it - it will automatically save and load the modified layerd file in LrC - which it does not do anymore.

Obviously the only work around is for me to copy and past each layer individally and then manually save the file and import into my LrC catalog - which makes the process of editing images very inefficient when doing dozens of these edits per day.

I'm on a Macbook Pro, latest install of LrC and PS / Catalina - again, I have edited hundreds of images prior to the updates and never had an issue so obviously it have soemthing to do with the update, at least for me.

andrew

{Moderator Note: Edited the thread title, LRD-4204498}

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Greetings,

This issue should be fixed in the Lightroom Classic 10.2 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug Fixes

See whats new in the latest version here.

To update Lightroom Classic to 10.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOLLOW UP: Same Issue, Same Fix (work around).

Hello Rikk and fellows members,

Today I faced the same issue while trying to open as layers about 103 photos from Lightroom to Photoshop, but only 2 were exported properly before the exporting ceased do work.

This time the pictures where taken with my Canon 90D and a Sigma 10-20 F-3.5 EX.

However, when I was closing Photoshop to restart the whole process I got a popup message reporting the following alert: Script Alert - ReferenceError: Object is Invalid (I took a screenshot shared here as attachment).

Then, I returned to Lightroom, batch unchecked the lens corrections boxes in all 103 photos, then right clicked them to "Open as Layers in Photoshop" and... voilá!!! Everything was open smoothly as it should be in the first place.

I'm not sure if it is something insconsitent in my workflow causing the issue, but this "work around" fixed it and saved my skin.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dealing with this issue today however, still not working with no LR parameters changed including lens corrections. It won't even open a single image in PS for me at this point. All apps say Up To Date too. Frustrating to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines