• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sync/copying a Local Adjust/Spot/Crop results in wrong size and position

LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[See here for a bug recipe for LR 10.2 that occurs with any in-camera rotated raw:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-synchronization-of-... -JRE]

1. Combine a sequence of 5 shots obtaining a DNG HDR with automatic alignment and low movement removal
2. Apply a radial filter to the DNG
3. Synchronize the DNG settings to apply them to the 5 original RAW shots
4. The radial filter on the RAW is of a different size and position than the original DNG from which it was synchronized

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed since this latest update (10.2 Build 202103041821-226a1211) that if you draw a graduated filter with an non cropped, non rotated image, then rotate the image, copy and paste the settings to another non cropped, non rotated image, the graduated filter moves to where the graduated filter ends up on the cropped and rotated image. 

Rather than keeping the graduated filter in the same place in relation to the original image size, Lightroom is now orienting the copied graduated filter to where the edge of the image is after being cropped or rotated. This is very inconvenient especially when editing many images and you want the graduated filters to stay in the same place in relation to the original image size as it used to be.

With this as it is, you can end up with huge graduated filters that will keep getting larger and larger depending on how you crop or rotate images. 

I'm going to figure out how to go back to the previous update until this issue is resolved. I have uploaded a screen recording showing what is happening for additional information.

My Computer info is:

Processor 2.3 GHz 8 core intel i9

Memory: 16GB 2267 MHz DDR4

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion. That was a response to prioritize bug fixes over new features. The example given is the LR 9.2 change to the Default Develop settings (Raw Defaults) listed as a new feature. That is NOT a new LR Classic feature, but in fact was done to enable adding that capability to the whole LR ecosystem (LR Desktop, Mobile & Web).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mais que fait cette remarque dans ce fil de question, ici il s'agit d'un problème avec la fonction Transformation et le filtre circulaire qui ne tourne pas avec la transformation ????

But what does this remark in this question thread, here it is a problem with the Transformation function and the circular filter which does not rotate with the transformation ????

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rikk–Much appreciated. I was afraid that was the case and now understand the need to change the current 'Default Develop Settings' interface. The release notes do not state that and in fact in insinuate it is a new feature. "With this release, we have added the ability to easily configure default settings for raw images in Lightroom Classic."
It would have helped if that was explained in more detail in the release notes AND if the 9.2 installer contained a subroutine to automatically create and assign camera specific presets for the Camera Raw Defaults based on the user's current settings (if present). Doing that AFTER the 9.2 update is much more difficult since there's no way of invoking and then reading the original defaults (i.e. Reset button). I think that caught a lot users off-guard, self included. Also the ability to create ISO dependent default settings is now much more difficult and  requires manually editing the presets with a text editor.
I don't use ISO dependent default settings and creating new presets for my five camera models wasn't that difficult. I have a 2nd system still running LR 9.1, which made it easier to record and copy over my default develop settings to new presets for my Raw Defaults. For may other users that's not the case!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J'ai enfin compris le problème, Fonction "Transformation / Rotation manuelle", pareil pour moi sur macOS 10.15.3, LR Classic 9.2 et CameraRaw 12.2.

I finally understood problem, Function ' Transform / manual Rotation ', the similar for me on macOS 10.15.3, LR Classic 9.2 and CameraRaw 12.2.

Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

todd@craftedreality, A note about the Raw Defaults feature work currently underway specifically referring to your comment “New features added such as the recent 9.2 'Raw Default Settings' changes can wait!”

Raw Defaults is a desired feature not only in Lightroom Classic but across the breadth of Adobe Photography Products. In order to deploy to additional clients in future updates, work had to be done to Camera Raw to prepare for deployment in the Lightroom Ecosystem. Unfortunately the existing Lightroom Classic deployment of default edit settings was not compatible.  To eventually deploy across the Ecosystem, it was necessary to modify Lightroom Classic in sync with Camera Raw. 

That said, feedback about functionality and UI are always welcome -but probably not best discussed deep in a thread about a Radial Filter bug.

I reviewed the notes on the bug and it does not appear to be an oversight as you suspected. The rotation is actually happening but happening wrongly and differently depending upon the location of the Radial on the image.  I have tickled the bug a bit to see if we can get it bumped in priority - but,as you say, I am the messenger. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Todd.  A couple of releases where Adobe just concentrates on bug fixes would be great.  Clean up the code and then start adding/improving things.  Unfortunately that probably wouldn't fly with the bean counters.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, if it were a Feature Request I'd agree with you. Clearly this is a major implementation oversight even though most users may not realize it. You say, "A fix is planned, but there is no ETA." What's the threshold required for Adobe to fix it?

As these types of "Acknowledged" issues are left dangling LR Classic becomes an albatross collecting multiple errors that will unquestionably frustrate more and more users. We've provided our support gratis by providing detailed reports of these issues. Implementing them should be Adobe's first priority.

New features added such as the recent 9.2 'Raw Default Settings' changes can wait! In fact I (and others) prefer the previous implementation and question what "new" benefits it provides. This capability was present in LR 9.1 and earlier versions using the Develop module ALT + RESET 'Default Develop Settings' editing function.

Rikk, I appreciate your support and don't mean to shoot the messenger. I'm commenting here in the hopes you will bring it to the attention of the appropriate Adobe staff who can address these issues. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk
I realize there are only a few me-toos on this but I still feel this particular bug should rate a higher priority for the following reasons.

1.  I suspect the Rotation slider in the Transform panel is not used much (I might be wrong) and when it is used the value is many times relatively small.  The non-rotation of the Radial Filter probably goes unnoticed by most but the error is still there in a carefully crafted Radial Filter.  People not noticing this probably accounts for the low me-toos.   

2. There is NO workaround except to reedit the radial filter.  Unfortunately there is an issue with reediting the Radial Filter if you use a brush to modify the Radial Filter MASK.

Radial Filter with Brush modification (UnRotated)

Radial Filter with Brush modification  (Rotate with Transform)

The Radial doesn't rotate but its modification does.  There is not and easy workaround for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd & Robert, there are only 2 Me-toos in 2 years and one of those is from Adobe Staff.  That probably helps to explain the time gap since reporting.

The issue is still open in our system and a fix is planned for an upcoming release. There is no ETA. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd
Unfortunately!!!!     I consider this a bug that should have a higher priority but apparently it is not in Adobe Land.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is still present in LR 9.2......one year later!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk
This issue is still present in Lr9.2 on macOS 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to be using the ANGLE tool in Crop where it works correctly.  Try ROTATE in Transform where is doesn't work for me and Todd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR Classic 8.1 on macOS 10.14.1 Imac 27 '' (late 2013). GPU active

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk, this issue is still present in LR 8.1 on my Windows 10 system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce it consistently and easily on Mac 10.13.6 and Lr 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can not reproduce this behavior LR Classic 8.1 on macOS 10.14.1 Imac 27 '' (late 2013).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when I'm working on a series of pictures I edit for a e-commerce website. After pasting the same settings to a few pictures (I paste the settings one by one not in a batch) the radial masks change shape (the eliptical shape got squeezed) and rotate (from a vertical orientation it rotates to about 45°). Does this happens to anyone else? The workflow has been the same for 5+ years and it didn't happen before. It doesn't happen all the times but I'd rather say randomly, sometimes it seems that it rotates the mask a little on each photo until it gets so much that it is clear something happened.

SPECS: I'm on a MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 16gb ram, Mac Os Big Sur 11.7.3, Lightroom v. 12.1. Find  attached 2 pictures of the right mask vs. the wrongly pasted mask.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"After pasting the same settings to a few pictures (I paste the settings one by one not in a batch) the radial masks change shape (the eliptical shape got squeezed) and rotate (from a vertical orientation it rotates to about 45°)."

I've never seen those symptoms reported before, where the angle of the radial mask gets changed to something other than 0.  The other symptoms reported in this thread and others arise when you copy local adjustments between photos with different orientations (e.g. from a photo rotated 90 degrees in-camera to a version of that photo that has been edited in Photoshop).

As a first troubleshooting step, try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines