• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tethering support requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is applicable to Lightroom Classic.

ETAs for tethered support for specific cameras are not available.

Tethered Capture is a feature of Lightroom Classic that allows the direct connection of your camera to the Lightroom desktop environment. Images are imported into your Lightroom catalog as they are captured via the connected camera. 

New camera support for reading the raw files is generally added quickly after a camera is released by its manufacturer.  New camera support can be verified here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Tethered support for a particular camera model normally follows a version or two after the raw file support. Adobe relies on the manufacturer’s (Nikon & Canon) SDK (Software Development Kit) to facilitate the tethering of your camera to Lightroom. The timing of the release of a manufacturer’s support via their SDK greatly affects the time to release for tethered support. In addition, Adobe goes through a rigorous process of integrating the functionality of the SDK and tests tethering before support is announced.

To see if your camera is supported for tethering on your version of Lightroom, refer to this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

If your camera is listed, but your Lightroom version is too old, you may need to update or upgrade to enable tethering.

If your camera is not listed, and your camera’s raw file isn't supported, you would need to check with the camera’s manufacturer to see if they support tethering via their SDK. 

Note: Not all camera manufacturers or models will necessarily receive tether support.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 428 Replies 428
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is Adobe going to finally provide Apple Silicon native tethered shooting in Lightroom for Nikon cameras? It's available to Canon.  It's been 3 years now since Apple Silicon was launched. I still have to relaunch Lightroom into Rosetta or whatever the compatability mode is called to shoot tethered with my cameras. It is a delay, inconvenient, and not taking full advantage of the Apple chip abilities, and possibly not all of Lightrooms abilities either.  ALSO, At some point Apple will no longer support Rosetta. Then what? If I want to shoot tethered I will then be forced to use Capture One and abandon Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop ideas">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you please add CANON RP to supported cameras?

thanks in advance!

[removed image of no use...Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Nikon z6ll, it is supported by Lightroom for tethering. I have updated firmware to 1.30 and running current version of Lightroom. I still can't get Lightroom to find the camera for tethering. I have done everything suggested, restart computer, restart lightroom and turn camera on an off. Nothing works. Can anyone help? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found out that I needed to remove memory cards from Nikon z6ll to tether. Now all is working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to shoot tethered into LR Classic and both Hasselblad and Fuji tether plug ins require restart into Rosetta? I am on latest LRC 11.2 M1max OS 12.2.1. When will this be updated? LRC is great overall, snappy but tethering in rosetta is slow and overall performance takes a hit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline for thethering the Nikon Z9? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm using Canon 90D 

but Light room doesn't still provide the tethering shooting

when could i use it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody here has insight of when, what feature gets supported with which camera. However, as your camera is not brand new, and the last update for tethered cameras is from October 2020, there is a possibility that your camera will not be supported.

Check with Canon if DPP supports tethering. Adobe uses, if I'm right, a canon program to connect and communicate with the camera.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Does anyone know when Lightroom classic support the Nikon Z9 for tethered use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be participants in this forum that know exactly when, but they are prohibited by Adobe from disclosing that information. We all will know when the version of LrC with Z9 tethered support is released and not before.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still waiting for the elusive Z9 tethered support on PC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, 

When can I except tethering support for Nikon Zfc in Lightroom Classic? I hope it will come asap 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

After todays most recent LR Classic update I thought for sure they would finally have tethering capability with the Canon R3. Its been almost 6 months since its release and still nothing. Are there plans to add the R3 to the list? Will it ever happen? I'm starting to get really frustrated as it affects my studio workflow quite a bit. I know Capture One already supports it and am now seriously thinking of switching... I'll give it one more month.

Any updates?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone knows whether the new version of LRC has Z9 tethering enabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this Adobe page which has a description of what's new in LrC 11.3

Here is another page that list the cameras that will tether to LrC.

Each time there is a LrC update, the announcement at the top of this Lightroom Classic forum has links to what is new and what bugs have been fixed.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a Yes or a No?

The camera list hasnt been updated for the latest LRC update, looks like it's ca. 2020 and the artical is marketing gibberish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently still no tether for it... It's so upsetting when pro equipment takes that long to be supported. I'm considering switching softwares at this point 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If tethering LrC to your camera, that's one important factor a professional photographer should consider before committing to a new camera system. Fortunately, I still have my D850 for tethering until LrC enables tethering with my Z9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are clueless.  There is an easy workaround and no professional would wait to upgrade a system becasue of a minor software feature.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nimin42744777 

Your immature and insulting comment is out place on these forums. 

Apparently it's not a MINOR issue for the professionals who use tethering in their workflows. It if was, you would not see all the questions about when tethering will be implemented for the Z9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have my older D850 too but 6+ months of wait for such basic functionality support when competition made it available 3-4 months ago is kind of frustrating when you are paying a monthly fee to the company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there are such Pros who did not even consudider this. Stupid me, for instance. I got my new Z9 just to understand there is no tether support for it. Whaat? I didn't even think about checking for it prior as for me it was so clear that the flagship body would be supported immediately. All the predecessors were more or less immediately supported. But this time... Once more with Adobe, ugly surprises are common experience.  Lucky me having still a few D850 / D810 ... aroud but this is really a fail for Adobe. They will keep telling that Nikon does not cooperate and so on... As usual. Let's wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will keep telling that Nikon does not cooperate and so on... As usual. Let's wait.

By @martinhopf.ch

That may well be.

Tethered support for a particular camera model normally follows a version or two after the raw file support. Adobe relies on the manufacturer’s (Nikon & Canon) SDK (Software Development Kit) to facilitate the tethering of your camera to Lightroom. The timing of the release of a manufacturer’s support via their SDK greatly affects the time to release for tethered support. In addition, Adobe goes through a rigorous process of integrating the functionality of the SDK and tests tethering before support is announced. (See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/p-tethering-support-requests-and-inform...)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines