• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Tethering support requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is applicable to Lightroom Classic.

ETAs for tethered support for specific cameras are not available.

Tethered Capture is a feature of Lightroom Classic that allows the direct connection of your camera to the Lightroom desktop environment. Images are imported into your Lightroom catalog as they are captured via the connected camera. 

New camera support for reading the raw files is generally added quickly after a camera is released by its manufacturer.  New camera support can be verified here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

Tethered support for a particular camera model normally follows a version or two after the raw file support. Adobe relies on the manufacturer’s (Nikon & Canon) SDK (Software Development Kit) to facilitate the tethering of your camera to Lightroom. The timing of the release of a manufacturer’s support via their SDK greatly affects the time to release for tethered support. In addition, Adobe goes through a rigorous process of integrating the functionality of the SDK and tests tethering before support is announced.

To see if your camera is supported for tethering on your version of Lightroom, refer to this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

If your camera is listed, but your Lightroom version is too old, you may need to update or upgrade to enable tethering.

If your camera is not listed, and your camera’s raw file isn't supported, you would need to check with the camera’s manufacturer to see if they support tethering via their SDK. 

Note: Not all camera manufacturers or models will necessarily receive tether support.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 403 Replies 403
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will you be providing tethering support for the canon eon R6mii? The camera has been on the market for more than a year now. Capture One has tethering support for it so why can't you? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot Tether capture in Lightroom Classic, it does not recognize my camera.

Computer:  Surface Studio Desktop

Device name      DESKTOP-1CTOSMC

Processor           11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11370H @ 3.30GHz   3.30 GHz

Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.8 GB usable)

Device ID            8D4EA00B-24CA-4F3C-AB8D-5889BED9D7A8

Product ID          00356-06257-76749-AAOEM

System type       64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Pen and touch   Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Lightroom Classic latest version  13.1

Camera Canon R6 Mark 11.

I have Installed Helicon Remote and I can tether with this

I have tried Sharp Shooter 5 (trial version)and that worked.

With these programmes I just have trouble getting images into into Lightroom, it doesn’t happen naturally even when it is a watched folder, I have to synch through Lightroom to get them in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon EOS R6 MarkII is not officially supported yet.
It seems to take some time to develop because it uses an SDK provided by the camera manufacturer.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some / all Sony and other branded camera are not supported by lightroom classic for tethering and when will that be changed. It's frautrating to have to invest in other softwares to do that for us or to have to abandon adobe completely for a competitor.

Is there a a date given for when they will be releasing a version that is compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please create a way for Sony cameras to tether.  After researching this online, it seems like the world is waiting and confused as to why this isn't happening.  I don't look forward to having to switch and learn a new program and I love Lightroom. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Lightroom tethering function with a Canon R6. At the end of 2022, I bought a Canon R6 mark II. My expectation was that the tethering function would arrive soon for the Mark II. Unfortunately it has not as of Feb 2024. I'm having to go through the slow and awkward process of using Canon EOS utility to connect to the laptop and then have Lightroom monitor a watched folder. Is the SDK of the mark II really that different from the R6, or is Adobe just indifferent to the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get to the Canon R6ii to tether with Lightroom classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Currently I have a problem to connect my canon r8 with Lightroom classic by cable. WHen do you plan to solve this problem. I see that lightroom support R6, R7, R10 but not this one.

Thank you in advance for your quick reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom classic NOT supporting tethering when connected with Canon R6 mark 2 (II), camera not in the supported camera list, how came? the Canon R6 II whent out on 2022 and until now there is no support ? be advice that "Capture One" app DO support tethering with Canon R6 mark 2 !!

I'm using Macbook M1 pro  (macOS Sonoma).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention the absence of the Canon R6 Mark II from the supported camera list for Lightroom tethering. Despite the fact that this camera model has been in circulation for over six months, it remains unsupported by Lightroom Classic.

Given the significance of the Canon R6 Mark II in the photography community and its widespread use, it is disheartening to observe the delay in its integration into the Lightroom tethering feature. The absence of support for such a prominent device hinders the seamless workflow of many professionals who rely on both Canon's cutting-edge technology and Adobe's industry-standard software.

I understand that software development involves intricate processes, but it is imperative to address the growing user base eagerly awaiting compatibility with this camera model. Swift action in updating the supported camera list would not only enhance the user experience but also demonstrate a commitment to meeting the evolving needs of your clientele.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and sincerely hope for a prompt resolution. Your efforts in ensuring the timely inclusion of the Canon R6 Mark II in the list of supported cameras on Lightroom tethering are highly anticipated.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make tethered capture available for the Canon EOS R8. This camera has been out for a year; why is tethering unavailable? This is crucial for me as a photographer on set with clients. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has not been any update for Canon Tether since LrC 11.4 when support for the R3 was included.  There have been many updates for the SDK from Canon since then.  My R6 Mk 2 was released 1.5 years ago and no support.  Tether is being ignored by Adobe and is close to being considered abandonware.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Just tested the latest version of Lightroom CC (13.2) with my R5C, and direct tethering still isn't working. What's the problem, Adobe? The camera has been out for quite a while now. Can we make this happen, please? I'm tired of spending $24/month on Capture One. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Photoshop for nearly 20 years and Lightroomsince version 2, and I have been shooting tethered into LRC since the feature exists. Mid last year, I upgraded from Canon EOS R6 to Canon EOS R6 Mk2, which was released in November 2022. Now it's 16 MONTHS LATER after the camera came on the market, and Adobe has not managed to add the R6Mk2 to the supported cameras list in LR Classic. Not only did my professional workflow get negatively impacted, but I also looked like an amateur in front of a client, not being able to shoot tethered with a recent camera model. There is a cumbersome way to work around it with the Canon util software and LR auto import - but WHY??  The file format is still CR3, just like the EOS R6. The Adobe agent had no idea why a significant camera model, which countless professional photographers are using was not being supported by Lightroom. Does anyone here have an answer? Do the Adobe app developers even look here to become aware of their customer's concerns? I feel not seen or heard as a longtime Adobe user and customer, and I am upset and very disappointed by Adobe for completely ignoring this issue. I enjoy all the neat new AI-powered features, but that does not excuse my not being able to tether a mainstream pro camera to Lightroom Classic.

My MacBook pro is under a year old and I am using Ventura and the latest Lightroom version.

Best,
Eva Mueller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Hi, i would like to know if it's possible to take pictures in "connected mode" with a Canon R6 Mk2 on lightroom ?  I use a Mac book pro (monterrey) with last version of lightroom and i have the last upgrade on my camera. I tried to connect my camera but it doesn't work, lightroom doesn't recognize my camera !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the R6 MII be supported for tethering in LRC?  Please allow tethering support for the Canon R6 MII. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Sony's improved camera control SDK April 2023, does Adobe have a roadmap for adding Sony tethering to Lightroom Classic?

There are third party plugins for this and Capture One manages it. If the SDK is free to use, what is stopping Adobe from supporting Sony as they support Nikon and Canon tethering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merging with main, authoritative tethering thread

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi team,  waiting for a half a year since I bought Canon R6 mark 2 to be finally added to Lightroom Classic tethered cameras.. please do it as a priority. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will it be possible to use thetering together with the Canon EOS R6M2. It's frustrating to see nothing happening...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not make promises as to when new Cameras will be added to tether feature.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if/when tethered support is going to be added for the Canon R6 II?

I mostly work with 2 x Canon R6 II bodies and I have to shoot tethered quite often, but I'm having to travel with my old Canon 5D Mark IV in my bag too just for these tethered occasions seeing as the R6 II isn't supported yet. 

This camera was released in November 2022, so I feel like tethered support is long overdue at this point. 

Any updates would be greatly appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to use Tether on my EOS R6M2.. the lightroom would not detect my camera..

When would the lightroom tether support R6m2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines