• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Toolbar [Done] Button has moved to tool bar beneath Histogram

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, tras la nueva actualizacion a Lightroom Classic 12.0, el botón "HECHO" que se encontraba en la esquina inferior derecha para dar el OK luego de añadir nuevas mascaras, recortes y algunos ajustyes locale.....pues ese botón ha desaparecido de mi programa LrC 12.0,,,,,no se que ha pasado, tengo que dar ENTER en mi teclado o bien doble click fuera de la imagen para aplicar cambios,,,,,,me pueden decir si esta nueva actualizacion se ha cargado ese botón o es que hay alguna forma de activarlo...??... antes se encontraba en este sitio, adjunto imagen de referencia.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

The [Done] button is no longer in the Tool Bar ([ T ]) for the Crop, Mask, Target Adjustment Tools (TAT), White Balance and the Guided Upright tools. It is replaced by the [Return to Edit] button to the left of the Crop tool under the Histogram. The button now applies and exits the active tool.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 7.38.40 AM.png

Note: There is more than one way to commit each of these tools.

Example: Crop Tool

1. You can click the [Return to Edits] button that replaced [Done] or
  2. You can click the Crop icon again or
  3. You can use

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 137 Replies 137
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done button on the bottom toolbar. It's not intuitive to click the panel icon again at all, it's poor design. Feels wrong. But I rolled back LRC to a working version and am learning Capture One in the meantime, so it's all moot at this point

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you consider it unintuitive to click a Close button that is, and always has been, located inside the panel where the functional settings of the tool in quesstion are? IMO this Done button was always rather remote from the action. In any case it was invisible whenever the whole Toolbar happened to be closed. And there is little other reason to have the bottom Toolbar strip open, since it only houses some quite incidental settings for each tool - ones that are very easy to learn key shortcuts for.

I've therefore always treated the whole Toolbar as a secondary, optional part of the interface. So this whole furore over Done button is very strange to me. I get the impression that often "intuitive" is being used as code for "familiar". A number of people have been recently suggesting a complete reconsideration of the LrCinterface, far beyond what's recently happened, e.g so that different panels should be possible to switch around or float in new ways. I'd expect the Toolbar to radically change or disappear in the process of anything like that. For an interface to be considered perfected and then remain forever was probably never a high likelihood, and certainly is not what those people are asking Adobe to do.

There's no such thing as improvement without experiencing change - although change without experiencing improvement, is certainly something we are all also familiar with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo! Kann mir jemand helfen? Bei meinem Lightroom Classic (neueste Version) fehlt im Entwicklungs Modus bei der Freistellung der "fertig" Button. Gibt es den nicht mehr oder wo ist der?

Danke lg Herbert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a bug - moving you to the authoritative post. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich denke, ich kann Ihnen helfen, wo Sie sich befinden

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Done button is missing from the cropping menu, please advise how to restore this function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2023 Jun 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now the 'Done' button-

2023-07-01 10_30_44-Clipboard.jpg

Now always conveniently placed beside the other Tools (even when the lower Tool Bar is not visible.)

Or there is at least SIX other ways to be "Done"-

1. You can click the [Return to Edits] button that replaced [Done] (as in my screen-clip) or
  2. You can click the Crop icon again or
  3. You can use the [Enter/Return] key or
  4. You can use the [Esc] key or
  5. Use the Crop KBSC [ R] or 
  6.  Use the [Close] inside the Crop Panel (Thanks MattK - I missed that one)
  7. Simply move to the next image (if you want to maintain the tool between images)
Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is still present, when will the button be brought back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's alas not a bug and they have no intention to return this button at the bottom of the main display window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Time for them to bring back basic UI features then! Been paying for this software for over a decade, this is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is "ridiculous" that the [Done] button is nowhere visible if I do not see the Tool bar (as in the past).

How convenient is it now to have the Done button (now called [Return to Edits] ) always visible next to the other Tool icons.

And is there any other action in LrC that has as many options (7 at last count)  for being "Done" with any Tool?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The UI decisions are certainly odd at best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators

I think we are quite done with having this discussion showing up.

Enough

Can you please please lock it down.

My apology to the other members that may have just received a follow notice on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines