• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Toolbar [Done] Button has moved to tool bar beneath Histogram

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, tras la nueva actualizacion a Lightroom Classic 12.0, el botón "HECHO" que se encontraba en la esquina inferior derecha para dar el OK luego de añadir nuevas mascaras, recortes y algunos ajustyes locale.....pues ese botón ha desaparecido de mi programa LrC 12.0,,,,,no se que ha pasado, tengo que dar ENTER en mi teclado o bien doble click fuera de la imagen para aplicar cambios,,,,,,me pueden decir si esta nueva actualizacion se ha cargado ese botón o es que hay alguna forma de activarlo...??... antes se encontraba en este sitio, adjunto imagen de referencia.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

The [Done] button is no longer in the Tool Bar ([ T ]) for the Crop, Mask, Target Adjustment Tools (TAT), White Balance and the Guided Upright tools. It is replaced by the [Return to Edit] button to the left of the Crop tool under the Histogram. The button now applies and exits the active tool.

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 7.38.40 AM.png

Note: There is more than one way to commit each of these tools.

Example: Crop Tool

1. You can click the [Return to Edits] button that replaced [Done] or
  2. You can click the Crop icon again or
  3. You can use

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 136 Replies 136
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Rob, appreciated. So I understand about the Done button. But with crop it means I still have to stick to a ratio, even if it's one I preset? I can't just freehand crop anymore?  I find that quite disappointing. Do you know why that decision was made? I found the freehand cropping so useful and used it constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The little padlock locks/unlocks the ratio. If it's unlocked then you're back in freehand mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thank you. I think I have it working now. I use this tool so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the shortcut for the padlock toggle is A.

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While i agree with the change, why the heck was it there in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't remember reading any of that information when doing the upgrade - where was all this published for users to find out about the changes please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen it in "What's New" articles either!

I have only learnt of the demise of the [Done] button by the post from Rikk Flohr in this forum thread.

And this-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/done-icon-gone/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, pretty poor we weren't advised. It would be nice if they told us of ALL changes, not just the bugs that were fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to v12 and working with cropping tool.  Where did the button go to close on the bottom ribbon?  Now in order to close, I need to use the side right bar.  This is not as convenient.  Any chance the button is coming back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12 of what? I'll move your post if tell me where it's supposed to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think screenshot is from Ligthroom ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which programme are you talking about? You're in the InDesign section here right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is at version 12. I'll move it over there. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Barb for moving my post over to the Lightroom Community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just click the crop button again. It now has the function of the done button and will move you back to slider mode. You can also click the slider button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jao, stated " Just click the crop button again. It now has the function of the done button and will move you back to slider mode. You can also click the slider button."

That's how I have functioned with the Crop tool since inception in 2007.

Click to activate and Click to deactivate when "Done".

Ok, I was doing a project a couple weeks ago which required capturing images of framed artwork, some behind glass, and it was necessary to use the Transform tool, so select the Transform tool complete adjustments when finished click the Crop icon proceed to apply crop to complete the clean up click Crop icon when "Done". QED!

We just need to let the idea go forward and the engineers and marketing on the way to move forward.

It's my opinion that LrC engineers should concentrate on the "mountain" of actual "bugs" that need fixing.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the note.  Yes, I can go forward and adjust.  This was one button that maybe really didn't need to go away.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your note.  This option is a good one, although delays my editing when working on multiple photos.  I can adjust, yes, but this was an easy and functional button to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PUT BACK THE DONE BUTTON!!!!!!  NOW!!!!  THANK YOU!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After my update to LRC 23 in my masking tool and crop tool, I can't see the checkmark to accept the results. I have to go to the actual tool and select close. That doesn't seem like it use to be. Any advice?

MacOS Monterrey

LRC 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the last Lightroom update, the "OK" button disappeared. Is that right or is my Lightroom having problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What "OK" button in what function? Where did you see it before the update?

Are you perhaps talking about the "Done" button? If so, that has been removed in many places in Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Olá. O botão OK sumiu na barra quando uso a ferramenta cortar. Quando aperto o T a barra reaparece, mas sem o OK. Como resolver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines