• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Panasonic GH7 baseline exposure incorrect

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been shooting a few thousands images with this camera and the images are way bright

I have compared with my sony camera on the same exposure settings and the GH7 seem 0.5 ev or more off

I noticed the baseline exposure value is 0.5 this seems incorrect

When I shoot a grey card the camera aims at 45% IRE the raw files shows 52%

Looking at the G9M2 and GH6 those cameras had a baseline exposure set to zero and so should be with the GH7

i have defined a user preset on import to correct they otherwise too bright images

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try evaluating the files in an application called Raw Digger. It will let you know where the raw exposure falls. The web site has some great general information about exposure in raw files.

Based on analyzing my Nikon Z 8/9 images in Raw Digger, I have set +.66 EV as my standard exposure. That results in a brighter appearance in Lightroom Classic, but shadow detail is much better without clipping the highlights. It's easy, like you note to use an import preset reducing the LrC exposure setting to a normal level.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines