• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parallel creation of previews in Lightroom with active Hyperthreading on an SixCore Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3, Lr 8.3.1

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings from Germany,

I'm using a HP Workstation Z440 with a SixCore Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3, with 32 GB of ECC RAM and a nVidia Quadro K4200 graphics card as well as the latest updates.

If I turn off hyperthreading in the BIOS and have not set the hook for parallel creation of previews in Lightroom, then, as it should be, first the images are copied and then the previews are created.

But if I turn hyperthreading on, the hook does not stay set, nevertheless a parallel preparation of the previews takes place.

Can someone explain why that is? The support had no answer.

Thanks in advance!

Message was edited by: Akash Sharma

www.sysprofile.de/id112275

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ChristopherK,

I'd recommend that you post this query on our Lightroom community as well: Lightroom Classic | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Our Engineering team do monitor this space and look for major feature requests/feedback from our valuable users like you to shape the product further.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my own benefit in this forum can you illustrate the outcomes of "turn off hyperthreading in the BIOS and have not set the hook for parallel creation of previews in Lightroom" for editors?

Fascinating . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link above does not work.  Can you tell me where this topic can be found now?  I'd like more information on lightroom > preferences > performance > "generate previews in parallel".

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That link points to the old feedback forum. Last year Adobe migrated some of the content in that old forum to this forum, but unfortunately, much of it was discarded.

I suggest you start a new thread and provide more detail about what you're interested in understanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines