• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos NOT syncing from computer to Lightroom Desktop App.

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support just spent over an hour trying to fix this and then totally ghosted me. They closed the support chat/screenshare and disabled chat support in my account. You guys are POS for that.

More importantly, every time I try to sync my computer folder with new photos I just added in the Lightroom classic desktop app, it gets as far as the "import pop up box" and then just gets hung, anybody else know how to resolve this since apparently Adobe can't?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no import involved if photos have already been added to LR Classic.

Simply create a collection and mark it for sync.

Also ensure sync is enabled under the identity plate (hover top left) and that you have an active internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is incorrect. I am not syncing a collection to cloud. I am syncing a computer folder within Lightroom under the folders tab, the "Import" dialog comes up, it shows the new photos in the folder that are not synced and you can add/import the photos from there, including adding them to collections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Exact version of LR are you using.

1) Lightroom Classic CC, the Traditional version of LR

2) Lightroom CC, the Cloud Centric version of LR.

LR Classic does NOT Sync folders. It syncs Collections to the Web system and Mobile versions of LR CC.

LR CC (Cloud Centric) also do NOT sync folder (AFAIK). It Uploads images imported to it, yet can keep a copy of those images on a hard drive connected to your computer.

So your reference to syncing a folder is incorrect.

That is unless you are talking about syncing files on your computer to some Cloud Storage system and if that is the case then this has Nothing to do with LR or Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK sorry, I'm talking about sync to the cloud.

You are trying to sync missing photos in a folder which usually works OK.

For new photos I usually create a new folder and use "Add" in the import dialog. This avoids syncing photos I don't want such as multiple Photoshop Edits or other copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do use "add" once the import dialog is opened and select "don't import suspected duplicates" howeverI  added new photos to a pre-existing folder where I store photos for a particular business I do work for and it simply gets hung once the dialog comes up and loads infinitely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using your computer operating system to add photo?

If you are adding new photos to an existing folder you could try “copy” when connecting a camera or card reader. Then select the existing folder on the right in the destination panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My process is as follows:

I import photos using Lightroom to my desktop in a dated folder.

I then divi them up the proper folders depending on what business they are for or if they are personal photos.

Then I go into my Lightroom folders on the left-hand panel, right click on the folders with newly added photos, and select "synchronize folder"

Typically, this works just fine, but now all of a sudden its getting hung everytime I try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

**** "divi them up to the proper" *****

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meganc18753399  wrote

That is incorrect. I am not syncing a collection to cloud. I am syncing a computer folder within Lightroom under the folders tab, the "Import" dialog comes up, it shows the new photos in the folder that are not synced and you can add/import the photos from there, including adding them to collections.

Ok, as above, you are trying to Synchronize a Folder to Add photos that are not in the LR catalog.

Without further info as to the type of computer, Mac or Windows, the exact OS being used, is there a AV program running.

Also try turning of the use of the GPU in LR and test.

Is the folder you are trying to synchronize located on a local HDD or on some type of NAS, Server?

I don't see why Adobe would disable the Chat system for your account unless you gave them a REALLY Hard Time about a problem that is more than likely due to your computer configuration and not the LR program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, no hard time was given. I was patiently waiting while he tried several things and then disappeared.

I'm also thrilled you know that folders don't sync, when they actually do within Lightroom classic, so I'm not incorrect actually. Ever right clicked before and seen "synchronize folder"? or I don't know... gone to Library > synchronize folder? If you are not familiar with Lightroom's layout enough to know that both exist then please leave this thread and quit offering your worthless advice and condescending attitude. Maybe go watch a tutorial or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines