• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playing a Video in Lightroom works till ... it doesn't

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to successfully importing videos into Lightroom and to the most part, I have no issues in playing them out.

But, there is something that I do that from that moment till I restart Lightroom, the video simply doesn't play ...
At that moment I can see frame by frame if I drag the progress bar but it just doesn't "auto play" the rest of the frames.

I think I am getting to this state when after I play the video and try to capture a frame. From that point on, only closing and reopening Lightroom fix the issue.
Keep in mind, we are talking about Video that have no issue playing till I get to that mode, its stops playing (auto progressing the frames) till I reset Lightroom.  

Is this a user issue or this is a bug?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows or Mac? I can't replicate this issue. What OS are you on? Did this behavior just start or has it always been a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am using LR on Windows.

I think I now have better/more accurate repro for the issue.

It seems the issue happens when I try to change the setting of a video.

Here is what I did:

0) Go to library mode, find video and double click on it.

1) Capture an image from a Video 

2) Adjust image setting (add white/blacks, curve...) in the Developer mode

3) In the selection strip at the bottom of the screen highlight the image +  the video

4) Sync setting between the two images.

5) Settings are being applied. 

6) Go to Library mode, click on the video and press play .... does not work.

7) Restart LR ... Double click on the video ... it works (with the adjusted settings).

I case it helps/matters, I am using acceleration mode with Nvidia card.

if needed, will try to find way of recording the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try to make a user preset of your settings and then apply as a develop preset in the Quick Develop option in the Library mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very interesting ....

Tried twice with preset. One "system" preset and one user saved preset - both worked.

Checked again with the steps above (just changed the "curve setting) - and it failed again.

So I guess you are on to something ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - I've only been able to make it work using preset in Quick Develop panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a fixable bug ... they might be attempting to sync something they shouldn't... 

Is there a way to report the issue as a bug and let the dev team triage it for future fix?

(it feel cumbersome to create a preset) every time we adjust a video ...

Although, the real ask/suggestion would have be- "Please support Video in the Developer mode, understanding not all settings can be applied on a video, disable those that cannot be changed and enable those that can"  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue Mac OS Monterey videos will play up to a few in a row then they lose the option to play because the play arrow is now grayed out. Even the same video that was playing fine before. Now all videos won't play until I restart Lightroom and then I can play a few again until it won't play anymore. Restart and then it's ok for a few more plays. All stills work fine and videos play at first after restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines