• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pointer has changed to a magnifying glass in LrC

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook pro 16" with intel processor using Monterrey 12.0.1.

LRC 11

Everything has been running smoothly until today when all of a sudden my cursor changed from a pointer to a magnifying glass.  It does it in both the library and develop modules.   As far as I know nothing else has changed and there have been no updates to anything but camera raw and that was yesterday and things were working fine since then.  Anyone else having this problem?  Is it a bug or something I can fix.  Not earth shattering I know but very irritating.

Thanks, Susan

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

I have always seen a 'magnifying glass' on the image window when viewing an image in Loupe view or in the Develop module. The 'Pointer' cursor only appears when not on the image window, on side panels, menus, filmstrip.

Clicking the left-mouse button changes the 'magnifying glass' zoom setting and the 'Fist' cursor allows dragging the image in the window.

So, nothing has changed for me, in Windows & v11.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initial troubleshooting steps:

1. Restart your computer.

2. Try resetting LR's preferences:
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

LR sometimes soils its preferences file, and resetting it can fix all sorts of wonky behavior. That article explains how to restore the old preferences if resetting doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always seen a 'magnifying glass' on the image window when viewing an image in Loupe view or in the Develop module. The 'Pointer' cursor only appears when not on the image window, on side panels, menus, filmstrip.

Clicking the left-mouse button changes the 'magnifying glass' zoom setting and the 'Fist' cursor allows dragging the image in the window.

So, nothing has changed for me, in Windows & v11.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you Rob and John for your responses.  I really feel like a dolt.  Rob is right, the magnifying symbol has always been there.  Think I must have had a senior moment and thinking that since there was an upgrade it must have caused the change which wasn't.  My stupidity wasn't born in a day; I have been working on it.  Again, thank you both for the responses.  

Hoping to get my wits together,

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it was resolved.  That sort of thing happens to me after many releases too -- it's normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines