• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preset previews too dark

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working with underexposed images, hovering over the preset preview can produce a preview that is way too dark to asses without actually clicking on each one and then boosting exposure afterwards. How do i make it so that the previews are brighter? Changing the exposure prior to hovering over the presets doesnt work because the preset has its own exposure value. 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far the only solution I have found just now is to use a mask and paint with a brush over the entire image then to boost exposure from there. Now the image is bright enough in the preset preview loupe. I am wondering if there is a simpler way or if not, how I can save my workaround (painting with brush and boosting exposure) as a one button preset that I can just apply to any offending photos before looking through the preset previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to discuss theory without any examples. However, it seems to me that if the images are underexposed in the first place, the first thing to do would be to adjust the exposure and then apply the preset. Then it would be logical to make other adjustments as required to finish. But then, I'm only discussing theory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help, but i already tried that. You are correct, the photos were underexposed in the first place. The problem with raising the exposure first is that most of these presets also acct on exposure so when I hover over the preset or apply the preset it overrides the exposure settings I made. So far the only solution I can think of is the one I mentioned, using the brush tool to raise exposure. I assume this works because the presets primarily dont use brushes to effect exposure so the exposure settings of the preset do effect the photo but if i boost the exposure using the brush tool, the presets are using that exposure as a base line. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the problem is with your preset. Having exposure adjustment one of the parameters of the preset seems rather restrictive to me. But that is your choice. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The presets were not created by me so not really my choice, but thanks for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines