• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets applied to multiple photos transfer all settings (10.4)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When applying preset (for example only with sharpening set) all settings from the active photo in the selection are transfered to all selected photos. As can be seen in the attachment: on top before the preset with sharpening is applied, bottom after (all three photos are changed, exposure, crop).

Tried creating new preset, using adobe presets... all behaves this way. Started after update to 10.4.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

I see that you have posted your problem at the official feedback site as reccomended by johnrellis.

link: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-tethered-capture-not-working-after-update-canon-5ds/611dcd8be7ad7876d4388130

And I see that Adobe has acceoted that a bug exists.

Rikk
Adobe Administrator

I can confirm the behavior. Thank you for the repeatable steps. 
Adobe Photography Products
Quality Engineering - Customer Advocacy

Adobe Photography Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which options were marked in the Presetdialog on creating?

If you wish only sharpening you have to deselect all other options except the sharpening options.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, only sharpening is set in the preset. Tried creating new one or using the oficial presets. It always copies what is not supposed to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm, happens only in Develop mode.

Steps to reproduce are straightforward:

1) Make some wild cropping on one image
2) Select another image in addition to this one (so you will have two or more images selected)
3) Apply a preset.

Now there are two outcomes depending on your mode:
A) You did the last step in Library mode - all is as expected
B) You did the last step in Develop mode - the preset is applied, but also the crop gets copied to the other selected photos as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share a screenshot of the Synchronize Settings screen that is used in the process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no settings, you just click on the preset (having selected multiple photos). The preset is created with only sharpening enabled. But it still transfer all settings from one photo to another. All in the attachment.

If the active photo in the selection was, for an example, the first (blue) one, all photos would be blue when clicking on the preset (which should set only a sharpening).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a screenshot of your develop module, the full screen, just before attempting the use if the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, an inquiry, a couple , well actually three ways to accomplish what you are trying. So??

Are you simply selecting multiple images, then selecting the preset.

or

Are you Applying Develop settings to multiple photos?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/develop-module-options.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, just selecting images and clicking on the preset. Screenshot before/after as attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum, where Adobe wants all bug reports and feature suggestions:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info. Provide all the details, rather than linking back to this thread -- experience shows that Adobe developers tend not to follow the links. Product developers read everything posted there, but rarely participate here, which is primarily a user-to-user forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/EDIT/Got off my rear end, turned on my PC, and experimented/Below not as ignorant as my first attemt at this reply, I hope/

Yes, looks like a bug. I noticed you had Auto SYNC on, wondered if that was the issue, turns out it is the bug.

Turned on my workstation, opened my test catalog, found three image to test on (select 3 photos of same scene), on one, moved the exposure slider to ridiculous levels, selected all three images, made sure Auto Sync was on, selected a B&W preset, all 3 of course went B&W, BUT, yep, all 3 went bonkers overexposed, the other two took on first images edits, not just the current edit.

I inspected the History Panel for each of the three images, for the non selected ones, just the preset used stated, none of the pre sync edits to the first image.

Possible workaround; Turn that back to Sync.  Use method(s) in:

https://www.colesclassroom.com/how-to-apply-presets-to-multiple-photos-in-lightroom/

opps, might have gotten a like to previous version of this reply, would not be surprised if told to not do such edits.This is what I get for talking before engaging brain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you have posted your problem at the official feedback site as reccomended by johnrellis.

link: https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-tethered-capture-no...

And I see that Adobe has acceoted that a bug exists.

Rikk
Adobe Administrator

I can confirm the behavior. Thank you for the repeatable steps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have any idea when this will be fixed? Also what do I need to do once it is fixed? I'm not familiar wirth the procedure. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe generally doesn't announce ahead of time when bugs will be fixed. LR is released about every 8 weeks, and 10.4 was released 8/17/21; and a new major release usually comes out mid-October.  So we might expect to see LR 11.0 come out mid-October. (I have no inside information.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines