• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent Lightroom from writing to DNG files

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I prevent LR from writing changes into DNG files? I don't want any changes whatsoever to my raw files. They should be kept as when imported from the camera.

Regards,

Lage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added my Upvote at the above Idea post (upper righthand corner). Anyone else landing here please add your comments and Upvote as well. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is very confusing and multiple views on Lightroom Classic's function in writing XMP metadata to the files including DNG files.

The link is Adobe's official view on this which was updated in October 2021.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lock the .dng files in Finder or File Explorer. Ignore any warnings about locked files. Problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also simply uncheck 'Automatically write changes into XMP' in LrC's Catalog Settings and not use 'Save Metadata to file.' The request here applies to users who want the DNG file's XMP data to be updated as a secondary backup and for file sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mean read only?

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines