Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews not generating on Import

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the newest Macbook Pro that just came out, and everything is up to date. When I am importing, the files show up in the import module, but there are no previews of the images. I can see them fine on the SD card on my laptop, so the problem is definitely with LR. I have used a couple of different brands of SD cards to see if that was the issue and it doesn't matter what card it is. This problem just started happening, at first everything worked fine so I don't think it's something with the laptop, and I'm unaware of any settings being changed. I need to be able to only import certain photos at a time because I work with large cards for several different shoots. Any idea why this is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you turn OFF GPU in LR preferences, any difference? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't seem to work, but thank you for the suggestion. Any other ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of camera?

I have the new MBP 16" and had no issues the other day importing hundreds of images from Nikon D500 and D850.  I processed a few and then exported the catalog for transfer to my PC at home. Everything worked just fine. I was using an Apple USB A to C adapter to connect a Lexar XQD card reader. The cards were 64 and 128 GB.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Sony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some details might help- (I do not see in posts above)

Macbook- what is the Operating System Number?

Lightroom-Classic-  What version Number?

Sony- What exact Model Number?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines