Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews not loading in import section - unable to upload photos

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

I work on a MacBook Pro under macOS Sonoma 14.5. I recently got my laptop repaired and it's the first time I use Lightroom since then. 

I need to edit photos that were sent to me, they are in my download foder in .arw. When I am in the import section, find the folder and select it, a loading icon appears (screenshot) but the preview section is empty which makes it impossible to import any photo. I tried dragging and droping one photo to see if it would make a difference but it doesn't. 

Help!

[Moved from ‘Bugs’ to ‘Discussions’ by moderator, according to forum rules. A ‘bug’ is not just another word for a problem with software.]

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoldingD_0-1719773160494.png

Is that your entire screen as your see it, that small bit of the import screen, as opposed to the following:

example deleted as it is no longer needed post OP sharing the info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GoldingD  thanks for your response. Here's my entire screen. As you can see, I did select the folder I want to import, no previews appear in the preview section, there's only the loading icon at the bottom left that is moving. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a MacBook Pro under macOS Sonoma 14.5. I recently got my laptop repaired and it's the first time I use Lightroom since then. 

Ok, seeing your entire import screen triggered in my mind a Ohhhh moment, as follows:

Back from the shop, Did the techs setup Security and Privacy for LrC correctly? Or, did a pop up screen via MACOS when you first started LrC get ignored? Is LrC able to read that folder? Well, actually for the entire computer.

80.png

This goes way back to MACOS Catalina, normally someone having a newer MACOS probably took care of this issue, but if it isw back from the shop with a wipe of the drive, hmmmm

P.S. MACOS Sonoma, so a preview OS, like a BETA. Not yet supported in LrC, you will have issues. And some more tweaking by Apple has been indicated, you will have issues in multiple applications.

Trying to remeber/find a link on that, one is as follows:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GoldingD  daaaang that's such a good point. Didn't think of that. It would make a lot of sense. How do I set up the right privileges? 

Also, I didn't realize that MacOS Sonoma was a preview OS. Is there any way for me to go back to the previous OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the two links I posted above are dated, but they might help.

As for the MACOS, I was in error. The MACOS that I was thinking of is SEQUOIA, do not go their just yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry I didn't see them. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines