• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print driver issues with Lightroom and PS in Sonoma

Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own a print shop and print with LR and PS all day long to Canon large format printers. Since Sonoma not only are my presets pretty much worthless but I have limited options in the drivers. If using LR to print, and I select the paper profile in LR when I click Printer.... color matching is grayed out. Seems half the time its set to Canon Color Matching and half the time to Colorsync. If its set to Canon Color matching i have to go back to LR and change it to "managed by printer" in order to select the proper profile within the driver. Anyone know whats going on here?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you may be using the limited Apple AirPrint drivers for your printer rather than the driver from the manufacturer.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not the case. I print for a living i make sure not to use those. It keeps bouncing back and forth on its own. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I understand you correctly, the computer randomly switches between the AirPrint driver and the Canon driver? Have you tried uninstalling the AirPrint driver from System Settings - Printers?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. There is no AirPrint driver at play here. It is all within  the canon driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I'm afraid that this is a compatibility problem between Canon and MacOS Sonoma. I don't think there is anything Adobe can do about that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been many threads, not just in LrC, about this issue with printing in LrC since Ventura and it continued into Sonoma.  LrC 13 print works correctly in Monterey.  Apple appears to have messed this up in Ventura and is not fixing it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you had this issue in any other apps beside Adobe apps? The issue doesnt happen in Apples preview app which is why im assuming they havent fixed it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines