• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

print module doesn't work correctly (bug? or I am doing something wrong?)

Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I have a strange issue with the Print Module in Lightoom Classic

- I select some photos in Library

- I click on Print module

when the layout style is first one (single photo) I see photos in main view, I can change number of rows or columns, etc

but when I change layout style to second or third option:

- the main screen shows only blank paper

- the page number is not refreshed (so for example it still shows page 1 / 13)

- changing template on the left does nothing

- it's not possible to drag photo from filmstrip into main view

I tried refreshing view, changing photos, restarting Lightroom and resetting LR preferences

any tips what is wrong?

LR 13.3.1, Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2024 Jun 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe I can give some explanations-

"but when I change layout style to second or third option:   - the main screen shows only blank paper"

That is as expected. In 'Picture Package' You have to design the layout by adding Cells to the page. One selected photo on the filmstrip will automatically fill all cells on the one page. Several selected photos will create several pages of 'Picture Package' with each photo filling all the cells on each page. Typical of School Student packages.

A blank page is also to be expectd in the third Option. 'Custom Package' Is also for you to add cells and drag photos onto those cells. This is basically a 'one page' design, although the more cells you add you will eventually create more pages- each with the cells custom placed. Again you have to drag photos onto the cells. Useful for creating Collages.

'SIngle Image Contact Sheet' is the only layout that autofills the selected photos.

'SIngle Image Contact Sheet' and 'Picture Package' are the only two layouts that allow multiple pages that you can scroll through with the arrows on the Tool Bar. (Show Tool Bar by [T]  )

Dragging photos from the filmstrip onto cells must be dragged from the image thumbnail, and not the grey border around each thumbnail.

There are page templates provided by Adobe but these are all designed for 'Letter' sized paper. You should design your own paper page size and layouts and save as your own templates.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines