• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print presets don't save profile

Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the print module, presets will no longer save the profile (in the color management section). If I select a profile, then control-click on a preset and "update with current settings," the profile field goes blank and the profile is not saved with the preset. Changes in other settings are saved with the preset, so it appears it's only the profile that's not saving.

Things I've tried: 

• Saving other profiles (Epson and Canson)
  • Removing all plug-ins and restarting
  • Resetting the preferences by removing com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7.plist and restarting

I'm using an iMac and LR 9.4.

3-4 months ago, I upgraded to Catalina, and then about one month ago I did a "nuke and pave," where I erased the HD and reinstalled almost everything from scratch. I'm not sure when this problem started, but it's just been in the last month or two.

This issue was also raised in https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-printer-icc-profile-disappearing/... but no solution was found. I was on hold with Adobe for over an hour last night before they hung up on me, so I thought I'd try here. 

Thanks,
Russell

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just posted a new thread in the same community. https://feedback.photoshop.com would be a better place to try. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Johan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got to the bottom of it after 90 minutes on the phone with a thorough, helpful tecnician who took control of my Mac. Finally resolved the issue when he "reset the printer." I'm not sure how he did that, since online I only find references to resetting the "printing system," and that would ahve required him re-adding all three of my printers (and I don't think he did that). But all's well now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines