• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing error: Unresolvable conflict with selected paper - Can't print!

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just started happening every time I try to print in LrC. When I click Print in the printer dialog, I get messages saying either, Changing "ColorModel" to "RGB" would cause an unresolvable conflict with the selected custom paper. No change will be made or Changing EPSON Profile to ..." 

These will keep popping up and the only way to get out of this is to force quit LrC. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't have any impact. Printing from Lightroom is no longer possible. Obviously this is a showstopper for me and my photo business.

This is the current version of both MacOS and LrC.

Any ideas would be welcome. I may need to call Adobe on this.

Thanks,

Ric

lr-error.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just being curious (do not have a 400 printer)

TBMK the User manual indicates the P400 does not have a "Duplex" mode, yet you show a screen-clip with a 'Duplex' setting-

2023-01-27 06_06_02-Printing error_ Unresolvable conflict with selecte... - Adobe Support Community .jpg

Have you tried re-installing the Printer Driver software?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a duplex accessory that lights that option up, but it doesn't appear on my print dialog. (See resolution below.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install the print drivers (from Epson) again: 
1.Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences (System Settings in Ventura)>Print & Fax.

2.Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3.Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4.Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Older then newer or you run into issues (eg, install 4800 before you’d install 3880).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered that I could print successfully if I selected the image and used "Edit in..." to open the image in Photoshop. The Epson software was just fine, it turns out. (Please see the resolution below.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved!

First, it took two sessions over two days with Adobe support chat to discover this, but it is a known issue with the current version or LrC and a fix will be coming in the next release. But I found a fix myself and discovered some important information.

First, the Adobe uninstallers (either CC or with the app) does not do a full unistall of the product, even if you have it remove the preferences. What remains (on the Mac anyway) is the full ~/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom folder and, more importlantly, ~/Caches/com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7. No matter where I deleted my printer profiles the problem returned. However, deleting the cache folder eliminated both the Duplex message and the printing crash. 

Now, after I finish the work that I had due yesterday when all this hit the fan, I am going to try to move some of my profiles and settings back to see if they're actually okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

com.adobe.LightroomClassicCC7 seems like a very, very old cache file if the name is any indication. The date created would be interesting to know. 

I'm wondering if others run a free utility that cleans out old cache files (like Onyx for Mac), if that fixes such an issue. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LrC 12 Preference file is still called by the CC7 name so probably this is the same for Caches

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 11.44.03 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't try Onyx but I do regular clean-ups with Cocktail. Also, I believe that Mr. Smorak is correct on this. I took a look at that cache folder and it is being written to by the current LRC.

Is your book/article, Color Management for Photographers still available? Sounds very useful. 

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens in photoshop too. Got it first on a machine I was working on in print shop, then the files htat had it there have now the same issue on my home machine. And only those files. I have most recent version of PS 24 as of this date. I was working on an older version of PS in print shop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clearing the caches worked for the problem in Photoshop as well. That is all I did. got rid of both PS and LR caches. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines