• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing to Canon Pixma Pro 100

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photos are dim and have a yellow/brown tone to them.  I've tried printing with LR and the printer controlling the print. I have been unable to find any Canon plug ins I can upload to LR.  I've been converting the files from RAW to TIFF, should I be using JPEG?  What else am I missing? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Hi Steve,

First, there's no need to convert your file - just select your raw file and go to the Print module.

There can be many reasons for prints not matching what you see in Lightroom. Here are the top ones.

- Most commonly, your monitor is not properly calibrated. Use a device such as a ColorMunki Display to calibrate with. Use the software's ambient light auto-measurement, or start with a luminance in the 80-90 range. You may have to do some test prints and adjust luminance to match.

- Regarding

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

First, there's no need to convert your file - just select your raw file and go to the Print module.

There can be many reasons for prints not matching what you see in Lightroom. Here are the top ones.

- Most commonly, your monitor is not properly calibrated. Use a device such as a ColorMunki Display to calibrate with. Use the software's ambient light auto-measurement, or start with a luminance in the 80-90 range. You may have to do some test prints and adjust luminance to match.

- Regarding color cast: you're using a printer profile but not turning off color management in the printer driver.

- Regarding color cast: Printer nozzles are clogged.

If you have calibrated your monitor and have checked the second two, then please provide screenshots of your LR and printer settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have that printer, and get excellent results. Good match between print and what I see on the monitor. I don't use Print Studio Pro (the Canon print utility) very often because it doesn't seem to provide any benefit over printing from Lightroom. My monitor has not been calibrated with any hardware device, but I have a "Poor man's" method of calibrating that seems to work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also print from Lightroom to a Canon Pixma Pro 100 printer with excellent results without using the Canon Print Studio plugin. I use a calibrated display.

I really suspect screen calibration is the issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Care to share your humble calibrating method my good sir?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laura - Thanks for the quick reply.  I corrected the calibration and was able to get the Canon plug-in installed,  problems solved. Appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am at a loss to get my Canon Pixma Pro to print to A3. I have set all the settings and it still produces an A4 size photo on the A3 paper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am at a loss to get my Canon Pixma Pro to print to A3. I have set all the settings and it still produces an A4 size photo on the A3 paper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you tell us which Adobe application you're using so we can move the thread to the correct forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines