• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing under LR Classic ver 12

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a iMac Studio ver. ventura and Lightroom 12.0.1. Now I discovered the printing module has dramatically changed. I can't choose anymore which paper type I can print on. Where can I find more information?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The printing module hasn't changed at all as far as I know. What is different for you? Are you not seeing the profiles for different papers or can't you select the paper in the driver? Is the printer driver compatible with ventura? Perhaps you need to reinstall the printer driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer. There was indeed a new driver version, but it still didn't help the problem. I still can't choose which type of paper I want to print on and the settings to change. P.e to print in Black and white, which ink to use,.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a read through below linked blog postas it may offer a solution. The author is also a member of this forum and may see your post.

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2020/11/22/printer-profiles-missing-on-macos-a-permanent-solution/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a read through below linked blog postas it may offer a solution. The author is also a member of this forum and may see your post.

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2020/11/22/printer-profiles-missing-on-macos-a-permanent-solution/

By @Ian Lyons

Yeah, that’s my article…but it probably won’t help answer this question. My article is about missing printer profiles in the old macOS Print dialog box as it was designed up through macOS 12, but this question is about the Print dialog box changing so much in macOS 13 Ventura that, in the macOS Print dialog box, the printer profiles are apparently no longer exactly where they have been for many years. Because I have not upgraded to macOS 13 Ventura yet, I had to look it up, and Apple certainly did redesign the Print dialog box in macOS 13 Ventura:

macOS 13 Ventura Help — Print documents from your Mac (Apple)

Print and Page Setup (from “macOS 13 Ventura: The Ars Technica review” — always read their review before upgrading)

Ventura introduces a totally redesigned Print dialog box….

So the macOS Print dialog box is now organized differently than it has for the last 20 years or so.

I think the answer to this question is to study more closely how the macOS print dialog box has changed, specifically: Where in the redesigned Print dialog box does Apple now provide access to third-party printer driver options? That is probably where the paper types and profiles can be found now. It shouldn’t take too much digging around to find out where that is.

I regret that I’m not able to talk about this more specifically, but it’s because the two Macs I have are on macOS 11 and 12, so I haven’t printed on Ventura yet. I traditionally wait several months before upgrading my production Mac to the next macOS to let bug fixes and third-party compatibility settle down and resolve. But it may be time for me to install Ventura on at least my older backup Mac just to figure this out, becuase I do have an Epson photo printer that needs to work after I upgrade.

In the meantime…if someone else on this forum is both an experienced printer and has upgraded to Ventura, have you found where the vendor-specific print media settings are in the macOS Print dialog box in Ventura?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines